Top 10 Marketplace Apps

Raeuber

Reaction score
Not sure who compiled that list, but none of them apeal to me.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in Nashville, I may have to track that author down and smack some sense into him... SetCPU and TempMonitor are the only real ones that deserve a 'top ten' rating, but I'll agree with the previous poster that TempMonitor became annoying... Like most people I find SPRecovery MUCH more superior than ROM Manager and a LOT less buggy not to mention more freedom with ROMs. But then anyone that thinks that ANY 'alarm' app (and a paid one at that) is worthy of a #1 spot obviously has some serious issues....

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My thought is that he labeled every app that costs money as >$5 when it should be <$5. I dont think any of them cost over five.

iPirate

Reaction score
10. Autokiller*
9. Tempmonitor
8. Speedx3d
7. bTunes Music Player
6. Root Explorer*
5. EStrongs Task Manager
4. JuiceDefender
3. SetCPU*
2. ROM Manager*
1. Gentle Alarm
* = Root users only

I haven't used any of them

stigidty

Reaction score
It looks more like a ad than anything. If you look at the market it shows 10K-50K for downloads of gentle clock. How can 50K be the most popular app.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
My thought is that he labeled every app that costs money as >$5 when it should be <$5. I dont think any of them cost over five.

Looks like he fixed this, at least. But it's still pretty unprofessional that only half of his list are paid apps and he still couldn't be arsed to look up the exact price.

These are some ok apps, but they hardly all belong in the top 10, and #1 for an alarm clock? Yow.

Riddick

Reaction score
10. Autokiller*
9. Tempmonitor
8. Speedx3d
7. bTunes Music Player
6. Root Explorer*
5. EStrongs Task Manager
4. JuiceDefender
3. SetCPU*
2. ROM Manager*
1. Gentle Alarm
* = Root users only
I haven't used any of them

I'm going to check out Speedx3d and bTunes Music Player based on his review but some of the other options are wrong. Looks like he has two task managers listed, why would anyone need two? And what's with all of the root-only devices? SetCPU and Temp Monitor are almost mandatory for rooted droids but not everyone is rooted so how are they must have devices??? Rom manager? Give me a break. The premium version of rom manager could be listed as the most over-priced app in the market though.

Over-all it's still a better list than what is normally posted as a top 10. We're only nitpicking his list because it's on a website and not a forum thread. His descriptions of the apps were good and he explained what he liked about the apps. Hopefully 'bTunes' is good because I have been looking for a replacement for the stock android music app, even the slightly better 2.1 music app still sucks.

OP
K

kamk2k8

Reaction score
Yes, I wrote this, and I stand by my choices. The exact prices are not listed because once you have purchased an item, the price is no longer shown. It is definitely not an ad, and in my opinion, if you do not think any of these apps are worth using, especially if you're a root user, than what apps do you advocate?

OP
K

kamk2k8

Reaction score
Also I posted two task managers because each have unique features. AutoKiller modifies how the system's memory is allocated increasing speed and battery life. Estrong's has a higher quality ignore/keep alive list as well as a home page widget for 1 click kills.

I never said they were must-have apps or that their standing was based on popularity, my logic was to review them under the pretense that if the entirety of the Market was available to a given user, then these would be the most useful apps. Gentle Alarm is amazing, all of the other apps simply facilitate abstract impractical fun for tweakers, GA affects the quality of my real life and that transcends the importance of any amount of bits or bytes.

Last edited: