[TOOL] New Radio Flash> VANQUISH_BP_100730.160.64.15P

rothan2011

Reaction score
works great!!!!!!

This works great. not one problem. but i did revert back from 4.2.2 to stock before i attempted this. had custom recovery and didnt temp unroot either. great job!!!
Just Want the New Radio From the OTA> Here It Is!

XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD ONLY
If you have exhausted every attempt to get the OTA or simply are interested in the OTA and want the NEW RADIO from the OTA then THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN GET IT. First, off a BIG THANK YOU TO SAMURAIHL for hooking us up with this .zip that provides the Radio ONLY.

I MUST WARN THAT THIS UPDATE APPEARS TO NOT REVERSE. AS IN THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THERE IS NO GOING BACK.
THIS METHOD HAS BEEN TESTED ON AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, THERE IS NO INFO AS TO IF IT WILL WORK FOR A STOCK LOCKED DEVICE, IF LOCKED AND ATTEMPTING PLEASE POST RESULTS.

Begin by downloading this file.

1) To install this you will need RSD Lite, I have the latest version which is 6.1.5 (there is an MTK Patch, but this is a file that is not needed). If you have RSD Lite version 6.1.4 and up you are fine, otherwise download RSD Lite 6.1.5 here.
2) With RSD Lite downloaded go ahead and install it to your computer, which I should mention the RSD version I have is for Windows only. In addition you will need the latest version of Device Manager on your computer. With both RSD Lite and Device Manager installed. Go ahead and open RSD Lite.
3) Pick up your XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD and go into Settings> Developer options> USB Debugging and make sure that the check box is checked.
4) If you are Rooted or Unlocked go ahead and go into OTA Rootkeeper and Temp-Unroot your device, just a precaution as there is no way to Downgrade after this install, better to be safe than sorry.
5) Go ahead and put your XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD into AP Fastboot> Reboot device by holding Power + Volume (-) down, once screen is black or blank> hold Power + Volume (+) up, press the Volume (-) down button to AP Fastboot mode, then press Volume (+) up.
6) Connect the device to USB.
7) Go into RSD Lite make sure device appears and click to open the file, find the radio_updater.zip click to open it and go ahead start compressing and install.
8) This will Flash the new Radio to your device. Success!

I should note that once it has installed it is best to let the device restore. It should take anywhere between 5-10 minutes for the new Radio to appear. But it does. Enjoy! :icon_ lala:

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
This works great. not one problem. but i did revert back from 4.2.2 to stock before i attempted this. had custom recovery and didnt temp unroot either. great job!!!

Glad to hear that it worked! In terms of "reverting" this applies to the Radio. As in once the latest .15P Radio is flashed, it cannot be reverted back to the previous .09P Radio.

danetbra63

Reaction score
What's so special about this radio again?
Is this the one that will let you use Sim cards from at&t?

jlang11

Reaction score
What if I have TWRP recovery? Has anyone tried this with TWRP? DancingNexus

And where you say "it is best to let the device restore", does that mean I have to reinstall everything and set up my phone again?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
What's so special about this radio again?
Is this the one that will let you use Sim cards from at&t?

Your looking for this if You Are Trying to Unlock Your Devices Modem. Be VERY CAREFULL.

What if I have TWRP recovery? Has anyone tried this with TWRP? DancingNexus

And where you say "it is best to let the device restore", does that mean I have to reinstall everything and set up my phone again?

This works perfectly fine with TWRP or any other Recovery, I have done this myself with TWRP and it works.

After this Radio flashes to your device, I would give it about 5-10 minutes for everything to settle. There is no Data loss or anything like that with this, it is just the Radio and nothing more, :biggrin:

jlang11

Reaction score
This works perfectly fine with TWRP or any other Recovery, I have done this myself with TWRP and it works.

After this Radio flashes to your device, I would give it about 5-10 minutes for everything to settle. There is no Data loss or anything like that with this, it is just the Radio and nothing more, :biggrin:

Awesome. You guys ROCK!

barbaroja

Reaction score
Any idea what does this improves?

Also... can I use any rom with this or should I use stock?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Any idea what does this improves?

Also... can I use any rom with this or should I use stock?

This a new Radio that is designed to improve over the previous, I've noticed slight improvements. I also tend flash many ROMs often and a stronger radio is always helpful.

If installing I recommend using a stock blur system ROM, for the install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

barbaroja

Reaction score
This a new Radio that is designed to improve over the previous, I've noticed slight improvements. I also tend flash many ROMs often and a stronger radio is always helpful.

If installing I recommend using a stock blur system ROM, for the install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

What kind of improvements?

I am using Eclipse resurrection, wich is a blur based rom, with arrrghhh´s latest blur kernel. Do you think that will work? Sorry, do not know much about basebands... so I am guessing you can install roms independent on what baseband you have, right? I mean, what is scary is not being able to come back!

Thanks!

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused...seems to be my normal state of mind....I'm rooted and unlocked on my xt926. I did a temp unroot using Voodoo and accepted the 9.20.1 upgrade and then restored root. All went well, I think....except my baseband version is ...64.09P. I thought I should have received an updated baseband with the system upgrade. Am I missing something?

mmckaibab

Reaction score
Didn't work. Still don't have baseband.

Just Want the New Radio From the OTA> Here It Is!

XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD ONLY
If you have exhausted every attempt to get the OTA or simply are interested in the OTA and want the NEW RADIO from the OTA then THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN GET IT. First, off a BIG THANK YOU TO SAMURAIHL for hooking us up with this .zip that provides the Radio ONLY.

I MUST WARN THAT THIS UPDATE APPEARS TO NOT REVERSE. AS IN THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THERE IS NO GOING BACK.
THIS METHOD HAS BEEN TESTED ON AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, THERE IS NO INFO AS TO IF IT WILL WORK FOR A STOCK LOCKED DEVICE, IF LOCKED AND ATTEMPTING PLEASE POST RESULTS.

Begin by downloading this file.

1) To install this you will need RSD Lite, I have the latest version which is 6.1.5 (there is an MTK Patch, but this is a file that is not needed). If you have RSD Lite version 6.1.4 and up you are fine, otherwise download RSD Lite 6.1.5 here.
2) With RSD Lite downloaded go ahead and install it to your computer, which I should mention the RSD version I have is for Windows only. In addition you will need the latest version of Device Manager on your computer. With both RSD Lite and Device Manager installed. Go ahead and open RSD Lite.
3) Pick up your XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD and go into Settings> Developer options> USB Debugging and make sure that the check box is checked.
4) If you are Rooted or Unlocked go ahead and go into OTA Rootkeeper and Temp-Unroot your device, just a precaution as there is no way to Downgrade after this install, better to be safe than sorry.
5) Go ahead and put your XT926 Droid Razr/Maxx HD into AP Fastboot> Reboot device by holding Power + Volume (-) down, once screen is black or blank> hold Power + Volume (+) up, press the Volume (-) down button to AP Fastboot mode, then press Volume (+) up.
6) Connect the device to USB.
7) Go into RSD Lite make sure device appears and click to open the file, find the radio_updater.zip click to open it and go ahead start compressing and install.
8) This will Flash the new Radio to your device. Success!

I should note that once it has installed it is best to let the device restore. It should take anywhere between 5-10 minutes for the new Radio to appear. But it does. Enjoy! :icon_ lala:

I tried this because since an attempt to flash a 4.3 ROM soft-bricked my XT926 I've not had any connectivity at all. Have tried all the recommendations to restore stock ROM and have tried varied methods and ROMs and still no connectivity. Thought maybe flashing the radio would help and was glad to find this. But I followed all the steps and still nothing. I tried it on a stock ROM and on the last ROM I had that actually worked (and is still worked, except for the connectivity), but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on and what might fix it?

Thanks.

mmckaibab

Reaction score
Ok. A little more info on FXD would be appreciated.

Might be time to FXD

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

I've had several people refer to this in almost exactly the same way but no one has provided anything more. Seems like FXD is self-explanatory or should be known by everyone, but I can't find anything that explains what people mean when they say this. But I've tried any number of approaches to trying to restore a stock ROM and none of them have solved my baseband problem. So I'm at a complete loss. Is FXD something other than attempting to restore or flash a stock ROM?

Thanks,
Michael