[TOOLS] [Tool] [Linux] ThemeR-Studio_V2

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by CorCor67, Mar 12, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    ThemeR-Studio V2
    It's back!

This has been a work in progress for a long time now, I feel it's ready to go out as a stable release. Almost every script in here has been completely re-worked. I have added AutoSetup scripts for both Ubuntu, Fedora, & Sabayon based distros, you can delete the version that isn't for your distro.I also added support for working on ICS, should decompile and compile fine.The biggest change in the new version, is the addition of the ThemeR-Studio script. This originally started out as mods to ApkManager, but I ended up modifying it so much I thought it would be better to just fork ApkManager and call it ThemeR-Studio.

ThemeR-Studio.sh is compatible with ICS, some of the new features are...

* Clean folders from a menu selection
    rather than the prompt to clean when starting apkmanager
    * Copy frameworks to apktool from rom, this unzips your rom, copies the apks from /system/framework to apktool so you can decompile apks from sense, touchwiz, blur...etc
    * Batch decompile, this unzips your rom, pushes frameworks to apktool, and decompiles all of the apks from framework and app folders in your rom
    * Batch compile, this compiles all of the folders in batch-decompiled-apps, if you don't want to compile them all either delete the rest or move it to the base directory (~/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio) and rename it to "out" and compile with option #9
    * Batch zipalign, this zipaligns all apks in batch-compiled-apks, it makes 2 folders in there original and optimized, your zipaligned apks will be in optimized and in case there is any problems the original is backed up in original.
    * Tool tweaks allow you to adjust the compression levels of optipng and 7zip, these can cause issues if you crank the compression all the way up things might go crazy on your phone.

ApkManager is still included for now and has also been modified to work with ICS.
    ApkOpt is also included, if you don't remember or weren't around when ApkOpt was commonly used it's a script that will optimize pngs and zipalign apks for you. Drop apks in and execute the script and when it's done you will have apks ready to release.

Known issuesDuring AutoSetup when opening the android script you will get this error, (sh: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory) Not sure why it comes up yet but the script executes fine so I'm not worried about it right now.

#####################################################################################
    *********************************************************************************************************************
    #####################################################################################

Install Instructions

if you have git installed, open your terminal and run:
    cd ~/
    git clone http://github.com/corcor67/ThemeR-Studio_V2
    cd ThemeR-Studio_V2
    chmod u+rwx *
    cd scripts
    chmod u+rwx *

Now you can execute the AutoSetup script for your distro. Either open ThemeR-Studio_V2 in your file browser and click it and select to run it in terminal, or in your terminal...cd ~/ThemeR-Studio_V2./AtuoSetupUbuntu <---(or one of the other distros)

if you don't have git, you can install git or visit https://github.com/corcor67/ThemeR-Studio_V2 and select the downloads and download in zip or tar.gz form.

IMPORTANT!
    ThemeR-Studio needs to be located in your home directory and named ThemeR-Studio_V2 to function properly.

If you have problems please copy the terminal output and post it, this will make it much easier to help you than if you try to describe it.

Disclaimer: These scripts are provided as is with no promises. I will not be responsible for anything you do with these or that occurs as a result of these.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Credits:
    daneshm90 : Creator of ApkManager
    farmatito : Ported ApkManager to Linux
    Rola : The suggestion to include Fedora support and help with testing and working out the bugs in the fedora setup script
    Davros : Help testing
    nmiltner : Help testing older version
    bgill55 : Help testing older version
    Kookahdoo : Help testing older version
    mjones1052 : Help testing older version
    LinuxCynique : Help testing older version
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Bugs:
    [ICS]- SystemUI will not decompile/compile properly

***Fixed as of 30March***
    [Fedora Only]- 7z command not found
    If you downloaded prior to this date simply open a terminal and run this
    Code:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue]sudo yum install p7zip-plugins[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue]
  3. Wulf1

Wulf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have to say this is very good work and thanks for this.
    I'm having issues compiling SystemUI for ICS using ThemeR-Studio, it decompiles with no errors that I see.

Please make your decision: 9
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling...
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res/values/styles.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
    /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res/values/styles.xml:8: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
    /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res/values/styles.xml:9: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
    /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res/values/styles.xml:14: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
    /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res/values/styles.xml:46: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker'.
    Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL8959375498862759112.tmp, -I, /home/user/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res, -M, /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
    at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
    at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
    Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL8959375498862759112.tmp, -I, /home/user/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/res, -M, /home/user/ThemeR-Studio_V2/Android/ThemeR-Studio/out/AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
    ... 6 more

I tried using apkmanager.sh and apkmanagerICS.sh, couldnt decompile on those.
    Am I missing something? TIA
  4. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Try putting your ROM in the place-rom-here folder and run the push frameworks option...it's having troubles finding resources...could be other issues but I'm at work and won't be able to look further into it until tonight. Let me know if that works for you, if not I'll look into it tonight

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  5. Wulf1

Wulf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, and take your time. I already tried that and still didn't work, it decompiles ok but wont compile. I'll try again. I'm also going to try a different version of Ubuntu when I get home, 10.04 and try again.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk
  6. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Didn't get the chance to get on last night, will try again tonight.

7. Wulf1

Wulf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its cool, I tried again last night and didn't work. It worked for framework-res but not systemui. It works for some apks.

8. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Just an update for you...I still haven't found a solution to this, but have been able to recreate the issue with aokp...I will add this as a bug until I find a solution.

For now you can use an old workaround. Decompile your apk and pull your images out, then decompile gingerbread systemui.apk replace GB images with your images and compile. Then open both apks as archives and swap your images from the GB systemui to your ics systemui

9. Wulf1

Wulf1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    OK, thanks for the update.

10. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Updated to work with jelly bean, if you have it installed and used git clone to download it run the following commands to update

cd ~/ThemeR-Studio_V2
    git pull
    ./update.sh

Git pull will pull in the latest changes from github, update.sh is one of those, it will run git pull and update your scripts and tools. From here on out you should be able to just run the update.sh to get my latest changes.

As always let me know if you find bugs or have feature suggestions.
  11. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +29
    Yeeeehawww