[TOOL] How to Upgrade/Downgrade Your Verizon Note 3’s Modem/Radio

woodjc01

Reaction score
Can an older modem/radio be flashed with Odin on a non-rooted phone?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Can an older modem/radio be flashed with Odin on a non-rooted phone?

Yes, but keep in mind that these radios are designed to work ONLY on the SM-N900V, which is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon's network.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

woodjc01

Reaction score
Flashing older modem/radio on non-rooted phone using Odin.

Yes, but keep in mind that these radios are designed to work ONLY on the SM-N900V, which is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon's network.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information. I have a 900V.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
thanks a million.... forgot what 4g looked like lol

Nice. So that means you tried it and had improved 4g connection? What about basic connection? Any improvement there?

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
I went back to mje. On nc2 I lost service so bad ( I live out in the sticks) that 4g went away. Back to MJE and insane service improvement.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So no noticeable change in standard radio? The connection in my apartment sucks, can only talk on the phone in certain spots.

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
So no noticeable change in standard radio? The connection in my apartment sucks, can only talk on the phone in certain spots.

that was the same thing here. i was simply using the 4g to nothing as a comparison in the difference it made. on nc2 and nc4 i had to stand in just the right spot and hold my leg up and an arm out while doing the raindance (joke) to even send a text, much less a call. i would have to go outside to talk on my phone. but on mje im back to being able to walk around inside and talk on the phone as i please. i even have flashed every radio listed in this thread checking them all. and mje (for me) is by far the best.

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Once I hit start on Odin, how long should the process take. Going on about 15 minutes now.

ainzwurth

Reaction score
It seems as though my phone and Odin are not communicating properly. The difference I notice between the picture of Odin in the first post and mine is that mine does not have anything in the ID COM box.

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
it takes mine about 45 sec from start to rebooted and using my phone.

if its not communicating make sure you have the right drivers installed

Rich aa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung
2) Take your device and turn it off, completely turn it off.
3) Select the radio that you would like to try, I will list each of these from the earliest
a. MI9
b. MJ7
c. MJE
d. NC2
e. NC4
4) Make sure the Radio downloads into a folder that is easy to locate (no need to unzip these ready to go)

It appears these downloads are no longer available at those links -- is there another source for these radios please ?
Thanks much

Firefighterbgrg

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-N900V
2) Take your device and turn it off, completely turn it off.
3) Select the radio that you would like to try, I will list each of these from the earliest
a. MI9
b. MJ7
c. MJE
d. NC2
e. NC4
4) Make sure the Radio downloads into a folder that is easy to locate (no need to unzip these ready to go)

It appears these downloads are no longer available at those links -- is there another source for these radios please ?
Thanks much
Just to bump this thread. Is there anywhere I can get the "Radio" flash package for MJE? The links are no longer valid. Thank you.