[TOOL] ezSBF

hockeyplaya2378

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bricked my d2 and was using this to try to fix it. Everything went great until it finished, it said the flash successfully yada yada yada just like the screenshot. Then I shut down the computer by pressing 1, unplugged my phone, took out the battery rebooted wiped data, then wiped cache, rebooted and i just keep getting the bootloader screen again. Thanks for all your hard work and please help.
P.s I didnt get the boot baby boot screen but i got another one which i had to scroll down to the second option and select it for it to correctly boot.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I got the same screen. You used the boot from USB method right?

Well did you hold the X key while turning on the phone, and get a yellow exclamation point inside a triangle and the android mascot?
That is the stock recovery. Press the search key on the keyboard and select clear data and clear caches. Then see if that helped.

hockeyplaya2378

Reaction score
boot from usb method?
Edit: yes i did boot from usb . sorry i didn't get what you where you were asking. And i did everything you/the post said

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Well it wouldn't hurt to try again. When the OTA GB came out, I SBF'ed my phone twice, once with ez_sbf and once with RSD Lite before I did it correctly. But what does the bootloader say? Does it just say "battery ok ready to program"

hockeyplaya2378

Reaction score
I did it 3 times with this program and about 5 with rsd lite. Yea the boot loader just said battery ok. ok to program. Rsd lite failed at problem switching to bp passthrough.

Useful Idiot

Reaction score
I used this method to SBF from CM7 Froyo and it worked perfectly. I then got the Gingerbread OTA update. I'm getting lots of freezing and reboot issues with GB so I wanna go back to Froyo for now. Can I still use this method even though I got the OTA GB update?

siriusgamer

Reaction score
You can downgrade to froyo if you use this, but you probably will get nag messages asking you to upgrade.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Got my D2 rooted a week ago, backed up everything with Titanium Pro,have some apps "frozen" and have been playing with the Droid Overclock app for the last few days. I am looking at everything I may need to be ready to step up to flashing roms. Came across this thread and made my ezSBF disc. Rebooted my laptop to see what the program looked like and what to expect. Got thru it all and exited at the screen where it asked you about having your phone connected and I just exited out from there. Just wanted to do a dry run for if I ever need to go thru this. Thanks for the info,links and work putting this all together. Looks like it will be easy for those of us that are trying to mod our phones and not really that experienced in doing it.

thewinelover

Reaction score
This was the ONLY thing that worked for my Droid 2... I could KISS Y'ALL!!!! Thank you so much!!!! :icon_ lala:

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad to help!

thewinelover

Reaction score
Glad to help!

I've been without my mobile for five days and without this topic & herein posts, I would NOT have had any success. As a result, I did post in XDA Devs about this tool that helped me. You guy(s) were absolutely credited for the resolution. I'm happy to provide a link to what I posted.

I've been on XDA for many years and realize every forum has different rules/guidelines. That said, I do hope I'm not going against forum rules by posting the link on XDA Devs that helped me. If I am, let me know... I'll remove it at once.

The MOST KIND Regards EVER!

- TWL

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP updated with some newer instructions and new hosting for the .iso file.

joeblow789

Reaction score
Thanks 1KDS, this is so handy! A D2 Gingerbread SBF has been released, could you put together an iso using that? http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18397-d2-sbf-for-gb-found/ If I get the time, I may try doing this myself through 7zip, which can open ISO images. If I understand correctly, rootfs.gz in the ISO is the SBF file. If so, would it be as simple as replacing that with the new file renamed to rootfs.gz (different size, MD5, etc)?

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, rootfs.gz in the ISO is the SBF file. If so, would it be as simple as replacing that with the new file renamed to rootfs.gz (different size, MD5, etc)?

It isn't quite that simple, the root file system is most of the OS, not just the .sbf file. No worries though, I'll get one for you guys. I will need a tester though before public release. Send me a PM if interested.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a new version done, added the ZergRush root script so you can root right after flashing if you want. I need a couple people to test it, post in this thread or send me a PM if you can test.