[TOOL] ezSBF

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you ended up with any other ringtones. There are no Droid X files in the iso, just the D2 sbf file.

Micro23

Reaction score
Thanks for this tool. My buddy just bricked his phone and I'm going to have him use this to try and SBF. I applaud your efforts.

Micro23

Reaction score
Worked great...

As usual it worked great. Good job buddy.

On a side note. Now that the gingerbread OTA came out, can this disc be updated to SBF back to that instead?

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I had a some problems with this program/tool.

Some background information is that I downloaded this ISO and put it on a USB drive.

When I booted from the USB, I didn't get a "boot baby... boot" screen. I got a list, with the top choice being default and the rest of the choices being something else. I initially disregarded this and selected the choice after default. then I was in the "Are you ready to flash" screen. I put my phone in bootloader mode and I plugged it in. The SBFing process itself seemed like it worked flawlessly.

When the phone rebooted (i didnt go into recovery), I noticed that i still had my old walpaper (modern warfare 2) at the lock screen. So I rebooted into stock recovery and I did a factory reset.

When the phone booted up again, I was in the droid touch to continue. I followed the prompts and put in my google credentials. After that, I was in backup manager. It was taking a long time. I left it alone while I turned my computer back on. When I turned the phone back on, at the lockscreen. I noticed that it wasn't the original wallpaper, but it was another wallpaper I used a while ago (black and grey with lion and "king" on it).

At that point I was starting to panic. I thought the data wipe and sbf was corrupted or incomplete or something. When i swiped to unlock, i was at the backup assistant screen. I pressed home but that did nothing, as the screen swiped to the left and I was at backup manager again. So now I'm panicking and I turn off my droid.

I quickly install RSD lite 4.8 and I go back into bootloader mode on my phone and I plugged it in. I waited for the process to finish, when RSD was at its final stages, the phone rebooted and when it finally booted up, i saw the lock screen and the king wallpaper again. RSD said to reboot my phone, so i turned it off and back on, but RSD still said to reboot my phone, as it was still at 100 and it was telling me to reboot.

So this time, i boot back into stock recovery, this time i wipe data and clear caches. Once again I was back at the droid touch to continue screen, but this time I notice that the signal had a roaming blue triangle (last time it showed 1x/3G) .

This time I pressed the four corners to try to get out of the activation, but somehow i was at a screen that asked me to establish a wifi connection, so I did that and I went back and chose "use current connection". Then I was at a setup accounts screen. I choose google and I typed my info in again. After that, i pressed the bottom button to finish adding accounts. This time, i was brought back to the stock blur homescreen with the correct stock wallpaper.

I activated my phone with *228 and i preceded to update to gingerbread.

On another note, I seem to have a Droid X ringtone, aptly named "Droid X". Dont know where that came from.

And something else interesting to note, when I started to SBF with ezSBF, it said "Droid X connected", but the SBF file was still VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.

EDIT:This is what I saw when I booted into the USB drive.

2011-09-02_18-05-13_631.jpg2011-09-02_18-05-46_395.jpg

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wallpapers can be stored on the SD Card so sometimes they come back after a flash, there aren't any Droid X files in this iso at all, so I don't know why you ended up with a DX ringtone. You were fine after the first flash, it is always best to factory reset after an SBF flash, backup assistant is a horribly laggy (bloat) app so it doesn't surprise me that it was unresponsive, I never open that app and always skip it during activation.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As usual it worked great. Good job buddy.

On a side note. Now that the gingerbread OTA came out, can this disc be updated to SBF back to that instead?

Glad it worked for ya, is there a GB SBF out for the D2?

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Wallpapers can be stored on the SD Card so sometimes they come back after a flash, there aren't any Droid X files in this iso at all, so I don't know why you ended up with a DX ringtone. You were fine after the first flash, it is always best to factory reset after an SBF flash, backup assistant is a horribly laggy (bloat) app so it doesn't surprise me that it was unresponsive, I never open that app and always skip it during activation.

But they shouldn't come back, it should just show the stock wallpaper, the 1s and 0s one. But after the google activation, the backup assistant app shows up directly after. And I could not get back to the homescreen.

Also, how do you explain that when I booted into the usb, I did not get the "boot baby...boot" screen that you described? Did I have a bad install or did my bios have something to do with it?

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I forgot about that part, at that screen you need to pick SliTaz, it is the distro 1KDStaz is based on, could be the source of some of the issues.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you had your device synced with Google and then resync it after you sbf, Google will install your old wallpaper. Sometimes it doesn't though.

random rom'd X

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I picked the slitaz one, the rest all don't work.

And something about the signal, after the first SBF, I still had 3G/1x but after the second one, I was roaming.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sbf_flash doesn't seem to upgrade/downgrade the baseband, that's why you didn't have to reactivate.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
So, correct me if im wrong but, the sbf process only overwrites everything except the stuff that makes the phone calling work?

And on a second note, could I sbf back to 2.3.20 from gingerbread or would I have to wait for a gingerbread sbf?
I remember when 2.3.20 came out, people couldnt use the old 2.2.20 sbf.

paulringo

Reaction score
Amazing. Had to use this last night. Make sure to have a full battery!

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, correct me if im wrong but, the sbf process only overwrites everything except the stuff that makes the phone calling work?

And on a second note, could I sbf back to 2.3.20 from gingerbread or would I have to wait for a gingerbread sbf?
I remember when 2.3.20 came out, people couldnt use the old 2.2.20 sbf.

Yes, sbf_flash doesn't seem to update the radio, rsd lite usually does.

As long as the bootloader doesn't change you can continue to use this sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums