[TOOL] ezSBF

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by 1KDS, Jul 24, 2011.

1. 1KDS

1KDS Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Glad it's working for everyone!

There was a post on the last page about uploading to dropbox but then he was able to get it downloaded, please just link this thread when telling people about it so they download from my link (I like to track my download numbers). If at any time the dl link isn't working let me know (PM or post in this thread) and I'll get it fixed up ASAP.

2. ShadowCrit

ShadowCrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I used the tool and it didn't go very well for me. Here is what I went though.

1)Downloaded and Burned .iso. Did a verify just incase.
    2) Booted and ran the script pressing 1 while my phone was connected and in bootloader mode.
    3) It finished instantly. At this point, my phone said, "Updating SW." I let this run for like 3 minutes and i came back and err:43,54,00 came up.
    4) I ignored this thinking it maybe normal, and followed the step, "Remove battery and reinstall battery. Then press and hold the Power button and "X" button until the motorola logo/triangle appears and press the "Search" button.
    5) I did this for about 45 seconds and a Bright white screen flashed and said ERROR PLEASE REMOVE BATTER AND POWER UP AGAIN. or something very close to that.
    6) Now I did this and when i turn on my phone it says,"

Bootloader
    D2.37
    Err:A5,69,4E,00,40

Battery OK
    Ok to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

So what would be my next step? or did I totally mess up my phone and now I have to replace it?

Thanks!

3. jaa185

jaa185 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try to sbf again from that screen. Boot off the cd until you are at that menu again. Attach USB cable and follow the instructions from there. That's kinda what I did on my phone, minus your errors

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

4. ShadowCrit

ShadowCrit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O.k will do. I'll edit with the results.

EDIT:

So, I did as you suggested jaa185, and nothing. The same thing happened. Then I realized I didn't have my Micro SD card in because I had put it in a sd card so i can do a quick backup. I reinsert the Micro SD card and it worked perfectly =D.

I don't know if the multiple tries did it, or if you need to have the SD card in for it to work, but it worked =D

Thanks a lot for this tool!

5. 1KDS

1KDS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Wow, very very strange. You shouldn't need an sd card installed for this to work and I have no explanation as to why it didn't work for you the first time.
    I'm glad you got it up and going though.

6. phoenixus

phoenixus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great tool, but I have a quick question.

I uused this to sbf from cm7 so I could take the upcoming ota. Everything is running smooth but I noticed that I now apparently have all the droid x ringtones.

Is it possible there are droid x versions of apps that will mess my phone up wwhen I try to install the ota?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

7. 1KDS

1KDS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm not sure how you ended up with any other ringtones. There are no Droid X files in the iso, just the D2 sbf file.

8. Micro23

Micro23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this tool. My buddy just bricked his phone and I'm going to have him use this to try and SBF. I applaud your efforts.

9. Micro23

Micro23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked great...

As usual it worked great. Good job buddy.

On a side note. Now that the gingerbread OTA came out, can this disc be updated to SBF back to that instead?

10. siriusgamer

siriusgamer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a some problems with this program/tool.

Some background information is that I downloaded this ISO and put it on a USB drive.

When I booted from the USB, I didn't get a "boot baby... boot" screen. I got a list, with the top choice being default and the rest of the choices being something else. I initially disregarded this and selected the choice after default. then I was in the "Are you ready to flash" screen. I put my phone in bootloader mode and I plugged it in. The SBFing process itself seemed like it worked flawlessly.

When the phone rebooted (i didnt go into recovery), I noticed that i still had my old walpaper (modern warfare 2) at the lock screen. So I rebooted into stock recovery and I did a factory reset.

When the phone booted up again, I was in the droid touch to continue. I followed the prompts and put in my google credentials. After that, I was in backup manager. It was taking a long time. I left it alone while I turned my computer back on. When I turned the phone back on, at the lockscreen. I noticed that it wasn't the original wallpaper, but it was another wallpaper I used a while ago (black and grey with lion and "king" on it).

At that point I was starting to panic. I thought the data wipe and sbf was corrupted or incomplete or something. When i swiped to unlock, i was at the backup assistant screen. I pressed home but that did nothing, as the screen swiped to the left and I was at backup manager again. So now I'm panicking and I turn off my droid.

I quickly install RSD lite 4.8 and I go back into bootloader mode on my phone and I plugged it in. I waited for the process to finish, when RSD was at its final stages, the phone rebooted and when it finally booted up, i saw the lock screen and the king wallpaper again. RSD said to reboot my phone, so i turned it off and back on, but RSD still said to reboot my phone, as it was still at 100 and it was telling me to reboot.

So this time, i boot back into stock recovery, this time i wipe data and clear caches. Once again I was back at the droid touch to continue screen, but this time I notice that the signal had a roaming blue triangle (last time it showed 1x/3G) .

This time I pressed the four corners to try to get out of the activation, but somehow i was at a screen that asked me to establish a wifi connection, so I did that and I went back and chose "use current connection". Then I was at a setup accounts screen. I choose google and I typed my info in again. After that, i pressed the bottom button to finish adding accounts. This time, i was brought back to the stock blur homescreen with the correct stock wallpaper.

I activated my phone with *228 and i preceded to update to gingerbread.

On another note, I seem to have a Droid X ringtone, aptly named "Droid X". Dont know where that came from.

And something else interesting to note, when I started to SBF with ezSBF, it said "Droid X connected", but the SBF file was still VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.

EDIT:This is what I saw when I booted into the USB drive.

2011-09-02_18-05-13_631.jpg 2011-09-02_18-05-46_395.jpg

11. 1KDS

1KDS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Wallpapers can be stored on the SD Card so sometimes they come back after a flash, there aren't any Droid X files in this iso at all, so I don't know why you ended up with a DX ringtone. You were fine after the first flash, it is always best to factory reset after an SBF flash, backup assistant is a horribly laggy (bloat) app so it doesn't surprise me that it was unresponsive, I never open that app and always skip it during activation.

12. 1KDS

1KDS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Glad it worked for ya, is there a GB SBF out for the D2?