[TOOL] Enable Hidden Menus (Dialer) for Verizon Galaxy Note 3

KaChow

Reaction score
Root Required

It is also Recommended that you Backup your "EFS" Partition before making a changes. Thanks for the Reminder -> grenefroggie

1) Change the contents of PLEASE NOTE IN PICTURE ONE THE DIRECTORY IS efs/carrier/HiddenMenu > Text Editor > Change the OFF to ON
2) Save the Changes
3) Reboot

2013-10-26-03-28-08[1].png2013-10-26-03-28-57[1].png2013-10-26-03-30-04[1].png2013-10-26-03-33-37[1].png

After device has Rebooted test to ensure command went through properly...

4) Try it out! Go to the phone dialer and enter *#06# (show MEID) as a test.

WARNING THESE COMMANDS MAY ALTER THE SETTINGS OF YOUR DEVICE, CAN MAKE YOUR DEVICE FUNCTION IMPROPERLY DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO SETTINGS IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS ATTEMPTED ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT THE OP’S, AND CERTAINLY NOT THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF DROIDFORUMS.NET.

Samsung Code Gallery
DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana:

SM-N900V Code Gallery (THESE CODES ARE CONFIRMED TO WORK ON VERIZON)

*#06# MEID
*#0011# Service Mode
*#27663368378# Service Mode
*#0228# BatteryStatus
*#0*# General Test Mode : Screen/Sensor/Vibration/Touch/Speaker/LED/etc testing -- even gives out raw values for light sensor, barometer, etc in real time
*#7353# Quick Test Menu
*#2663# TSP / TSK firmware update
*#12580*369# SW & HW Info
*#9090# Diagnostic Configuration
*#0283# Audio Loopback Control
*#7412365# Camera Firmware Menu
*#232337# Bluetooth Address
*#9900# System Dump Mode
*#7284# USB I2C Mode Control

tlaprint

Reaction score
commit settings in hidden menu

After I complete changes I don't see the option to commit the changes to settings. It should pop up when you press the menu button but nothing comes up, am I missing something here or are these menus locked further to the point where you cant even make changes and save them

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Let's go through the steps as I'm going through several motions.

1) Go to Root Explorer find efs/then find carrier/ then find HiddenMenu and open the file> look for "OFF" > Change to "ON". Save the changes. Exit, Exit, Exit, Exit, Exit, Reboot, or Battey Pull, Put Battery Back in Play with the codes.

ALL CODES HAVE BEEN UPDATED. Please post any other known codes, as these have changed with the addition of SIM cards. Just be carefully what you try, as GSM can be unlockable under Verizon's CDMA service.

tlaprint

Reaction score
I can bring up the menus without a problem the thing is for example if you want to make a change it has to be saved or you have to commit to it if not the changes wont stick.
Usually pushing the menu button after you have made a change pops up the prompt to save the change, it does is on other carriers without a problem.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Just to make sure do you have Root, Root is required to make the command stick.

tlaprint

Reaction score
Have root and enable the menus by editing file to on but there is no shortcut to save or commit the change.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Just to make sure you are deleteing the word in CAPS "OFF" and replacing it with the word in CAPS without the "" "ON"

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I wanted to provide an update to this thread, as I have a more Komplete version available here. There are 2 new codes that I have added to the updated [TOOL] version of this. The first code provides a walk-through of how to enable LTE Band 4, for those of you that are unfamiliar LTE Band 4 is currently disabled by default (this was done through the past OTA to MJ7 as our device was sold original sold as enabled through the I9 version.) Anyhow, Band 4 is mostly available within Major Cities, like NYC, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia the list continues what it features is download speeds up to 150Mbps which our device can handle a download speed up to 150Mbps (a Samsung G4 can only as high as 100Mbps, we have an advantage/an iP5s can only handle 100Mbps-> hate to use Samsung and Apple in the same sentence) anyhow, see what I mean. If you live, work, commute, or go to a major city you could see some major speed running some Speedtests. This is just one code which is to enable Band 4. I have another which if you know you are in a Band 4 area you can force your device to go into Band 4, the thing is check it out, I've done some research there's great info, that help you get more familiar with some of the advantages we are going to start to see with Verizon's Band 4 LTE Network, so see ya here. :biggrin: