Took the plunge on DI2 upgrade from Blackberry

ystava

Reaction score
I figure that I don't really need 4G speed the way I use a phone, so why punish myself on battery life. I'm going to wait and see on 4G.

I'm replacing my Blackberry Tour so any droid is going to seem pretty good. Then Amazon had an offer to upgrade my phone for $99 instead of the $199 that Verizon wanted in-store. That was enough of a price difference to steer me away from the 4G phones.

Hopefully they fix the GPS/Compass bug quickly.

Is there any point rooting/freezing bloatware before they release the new operating system, or would I just have to redo it all later? I can live with it for now. I'm technical enough to pull things like that off, but I'm not patient enough to stay on top of all of the methodology. I want to set the phone up and forget about it.

anguish

Reaction score
The only reason I use the current temp root methodology is to use Titanium Backup to do backups of my phone. Other than that, I don't think there's a huge need for it right away.

Hopefully perm root does get here, and it sounds like progress is being made, but still a little ways away.

bik2101

Reaction score
never even thought about that anguish. making backups using titanium. thanks for mentioning that. that should help a lot.