Took the plunge on Apple

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Well, I got tired of my wife constantly asking me what her phone was doing, force closing, locking up, crashing, you know. The normal android stuff. Basicly just being a pain in the but, so we got her an Apple 4s. She has been wanting an apple for a long time. Quite honestly it's a pretty nice phone. It compares pretty well with my bionic, except the apple only works all of the time instead of half of the time like my bionic. I've been against apple forever and tried to talk her into getting the galexy nexus, but she wanted the apple. I think a lot of die hard android fanboys tend to forget that 98 percent of the people in the world just want their phone to work. they aren't worried about modding, or all the specs of the phone, they are looking for a good user experiance and the apple delivers that. Android fanboys also tend to forget that more than 50 percent of the android devices on the market are complete GARBAGE. You won't run across a garbage apple. So anyway, comming from someone who hates apple and their trendy look at me garbage, they are good phones. My wife Loves hers. I think more than she loves me!!! LOL!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep they are well built phones. They are basic and easy to use out of the box which is why they are so popular. Android is the same but can multitask like no other OS which can cause confusion and be a little harder to grasp. Also there are way too many devices on android which is bad.for.business.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Meh, most of the glitchiness of Android is a result of the unneccessary bloatware and constantly running processes put in place by carriers. Since Apple doesn't allow this, in general you see more stability in their handsets. I will agree that people shouldn't have to root or flash Roms just to achieve stability, but I also feel you shouldn't have to jailbreak your iPhone just to have widgets and easily customizable icons.

I also have to say that it's gotta suck losing any playlists you've made on the phone every time you sync to iTunes. Couldn't go without Google Music's streaming and instant playlists now that I have them as well, but to each his or her own. Neither platform is perfect, but I'm glad that most of the issues are a result of carrier meddling and can be fixed by me. The locked-down state of iOS will never be my cup of tea.

dancedroid

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats to her and as long as she is happy :)...

Be sure to check us out at iphoneforums.net as well :)...

robssm

Reaction score
The locked-down state of iOS and MOTOBLUR will never be my cup of tea.

dancedroid

There, I changed that for ya.. :) Moto is locked down too now. At least you can still crack the iOS. Moto is nearly impossible now. So locked down I can't even factory reset let alone root.

And you can't even ignore an OTA, after 2 times of denying it, it will OTA without your permission, without your knowledge, and in my case, without even enough power on the stupid battery to complete successfully.

Way to go Motofascists..

After factory reset with the Motofacists, the phone is boot-looping itself into oblivion. Before that, it sorta worked.. Yay... This is so much better?!?

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Wondering why your Bionic only works half the time. Mine is rooted no rom on 902. It works 100% of the time and its 4g. Apple is a nice small phone for sure though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
robssm said:
There, I changed that for ya.. :) Moto is locked down too now. At least you can still crack the iOS. Moto is nearly impossible now. So locked down I can't even factory reset let alone root.

And you can't even ignore an OTA, after 2 times of denying it, it will OTA without your permission, without your knowledge, and in my case, without even enough power on the stupid battery to complete successfully.

Way to go Motofascists..

After factory reset with the Motofacists, the phone is boot-looping itself into oblivion. Before that, it sorta worked.. Yay... This is so much better?!?

Or just root and freeze the updater!?

Josefius

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling the OP is an iTroll?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear your wife finally got a phone she wanted and leaves you less stressed.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Way to go Motofascists..

Ah, but I can ignore it: I'm on MIUI :happy3: VZ will never take me hostage. Also as mentioned above if you rooted previously you could have frozen the updater or used Voodoo Rootkeeper and still taken the OTA. Someone will eventually release a new SBF once it gets leaked and you'll be good to go again.

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
The I phone is not for me. Android fits me better. I'm just trying to get people to quit being so closed minded. Even the Facebook app works better on her I phone than it does on my Droid. Its frustrating! ! !

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The I phone is not for me. Android fits me better. I'm just trying to get people to quit being so closed minded. Even the Facebook app works better on her I phone than it does on my Droid. Its frustrating! ! !
In what way is the iPhone version any better? Before I would've agreed, but the facebook app has come quite a long way.

Each OS has something that is better than on the other, that's a given. I think iOS is a great OS, but it feels limited. I'm about making my phone MINE, whether that's a certain widget, theme, ROM, etc. and Android allows me to do that.

OP
G

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
The chat in facebook on my phone dosn't work. It dosn't show me who's online, the phone vibrates, but does not show any notification anywhere that I have received a message. I have all the notifications turned on and they just don't work. My wife's phone pops up with the screen locked so you can read the message, and if you unlock the phone it takes you right to the message. That's how it should be if you ask me. Brousing is also much smoother and not as jumpy as the bionic. and no I'm not an Apple fanboy. I'm a diehard android fan. Anyone that think's i'm an I-Troll is more than welcome to read the last 4 years of experiance I've had with my android devices. I can't stand when someone else has a good idea apple want's to sue them and claim it as their idea. however, androids are very glitch and it's simply because of the number of devices out there. I have a funny feeling that the only phones that will not be glitchy in the future are samsung and motorola just simply because of their ties with google. Apples are stable because they have ONE phone. It's a lot easier to make software for one phone than it is 200 phones from different manufacturers

robssm

Reaction score
Or just root and freeze the updater!?

No, motofail doesn't work with the latest interim ota. Basically, the irony is, the little ota they forced on us was basically to stop the motofail vulnerability ie stop the r/w vulnerability that allowed motofail to work in the first place. Problem is, this ota has a bug which is that you can never make any of the files r/w, they are now read only, so, all your texts and many of your personal files are now locked in and can't be deleted.

I confirmed that motofail no longer works now.

So moto says send the phone back, and there is some personal info in those texts, stuff about bills, banks etc and I am like "uh no" until they tell me how to erase it, the phone will not be released and I am talking to lawyers about it. How can you have a device that doesn't allow you to erase your data, they try to compel a customer to send it off into the void in this day and age? Total disrespect for customer identity and possible theft.