Took a quick look

big58ben

Reaction score
I stopped into Verizon to take a look at this newest release.

I have had most of the Android devices. Currently have a Droid X and like it. Waiting for the Dinc HD. So thought I'd take a look at the Continuum (have to confess I like the S series screens).

Felt good in my hand but the screen is VERY small in comparative terms to Droid X or the upcoming Dinc HD.

Not sure about the utility of the ticker screen.

The GPS seemed to be "fixed".

So there are a couple of more data points.

edwards2243

Reaction score
I picked mine up on saturday. The only thing I was apprehensive about was giving up screensize for a 'ticker'. Now that I've had some time to adjust, I love it. It can be personalized a number of ways..its really l like an extension from the main screen.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to DF!

I picked mine up on saturday. The only thing I was apprehensive about was giving up screensize for a 'ticker'. Now that I've had some time to adjust, I love it. It can be personalized a number of ways..its really l like an extension from the main screen.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow! Got a welcome from the man himself! Haha! As he said, welcome to Droid Forums!! Have fun and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Prankster

Reaction score
I picked up my Continuum a few days ago. I really like it.

The only issue I've run into so far is the lack of compatible backup technology. SPRecovery and Clockwork won't work yet, and Rom Manager isn't up to speed on the Continuum either.

I may be wrong, but based on my searches, people checking out the Continuum should realize that it will be a few weeks or months before we see anything really exciting on the Continuum.

dfgged

Reaction score
I picked up my Continuum a few days ago. I really like it.

The only issue I've run into so far is the lack of compatible backup technology. SPRecovery and Clockwork won't work yet, and Rom Manager isn't up to speed on the Continuum either.

I may be wrong, but based on my searches, people checking out the Continuum should realize that it will be a few weeks or months before we see anything really exciting on the Continuum.

You obviously haven't been following XDA. One of the members over there worked out a deal with the developer of clockwork, so we should have a recovery in I'd say 2 weeks at the most. We have also got a dev that is willing to port some ROMs from the Fascinate as soon as we have a recovery. So yes, you are wrong. I don't check this forum as often as I used to since I returned my Droid1, but I'd be happy to post any updates for anyone that needs them.

Prankster

Reaction score

TL;DR - It will be a number of weeks until SPRecovery and Clockwork work on the Continuum, and some time after that until there's any sweet stuff like roms.

You obviously haven't been following XDA. One of the members over there worked out a deal with the developer of clockwork, so we should have a recovery in I'd say 2 weeks at the most. We have also got a dev that is willing to port some ROMs from the Fascinate as soon as we have a recovery. So yes, you are wrong. I don't check this forum as often as I used to since I returned my Droid1, but I'd be happy to post any updates for anyone that needs them.
TL;DR - You're wrong, it will be a couple of weeks until SPRecovery and Clockwork work on the continuum.

How am I wrong? You were just repeating exactly what I said. Additionally, I posted this a while back - before anyone on XDA was saying anything promising.

dfgged

Reaction score

TL;DR - It will be a number of weeks until SPRecovery and Clockwork work on the Continuum, and some time after that until there's any sweet stuff like roms.

TL;DR - You're wrong, it will be a couple of weeks until SPRecovery and Clockwork work on the continuum.

How am I wrong? You were just repeating exactly what I said. Additionally, I posted this a while back - before anyone on XDA was saying anything promising.

Sorry didn't mean to come off the way I did to you. I'm not sure about SPRecovery ever coming to the continuum but I'm going to stick with my statements of about 2 weeks until we have at the very least a custom recovery, buggy, probably but still one.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folks watch the language and attacking other members.

Thank you.