Too Much?

GoPackGo

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could possibly mess around with custom ROMs, themes and other things like that too much. Is it possible to ruin your phone because you installed too many themes? Im just wondering because I really like the idea of installing new themes but I dont want to break my phone because I :heart: it too much.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope you can't "break" it by playing w/ROMs/Themes...worst case you might have to clean it up by applying an SBF file to get things back to stock.

Just follow a couple simple rules:

- Always make a nandroid backup before applying any new theme/patch/update/fix
- Always read and follow instructions carefully - measure twice, cut once :)
- Never start applying themes/ROMs or making big changes when your phone battery is less than 50% - some people may be comfy below that, but I'm not. I like to be at 60%-70% so that if things go wrong I'll have enough battery to solve any problems that might come up

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could possibly mess around with custom ROMs, themes and other things like that too much. Is it possible to ruin your phone because you installed too many themes? Im just wondering because I really like the idea of installing new themes but I dont want to break my phone because I :heart: it too much.

You wont ruing anything and like what Redflea said the worst thing that may happen is that you have to SBF your device.

To be techinical...devices can be flashed only so many times before they do go bad. I am sure by then you will have 2 more new devices. Something with the memory and chips about how many times they can be written too. Kind of how a SD Card can go bad after awhile.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

You wont ruing anything and like what Redflea said the worst thing that may happen is that you have to SBF your device.

To be techinical...devices can be flashed only so many times before they do go bad. I am sure by then you will have 2 more new devices. Something with the memory and chips about how many times they can be written too. Kind of how a SD Card can go bad after awhile.

Yup - there is a limit to how many times you can flash SD cards...I'm not sure, however, how similar the issue is with the type of memory used in the Droid2. In any case, the practical impact of that type of flash limit is nil - you would never, ever get close to it from ROM flashing.

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Reaction score
Ok thanks. that is good news because I was really worried.