Too many unlock attempts! HELP!

jmontf

Reaction score
My little sister started messing around with my Droid X while I was out of room and decided to mess around with the unlock patterns. so tried to unlock it so many times that a screen comes up asking me for my google account info. I typed in the correct info but it still says that the password or username is incorrect. I went online and signed in to my google account. My e-mail address for the account ends in @yahoo.com not @gmail.com. I tried entering both endings with my e-mail address and then I tried entering it without an ending. I tried calling my phone and pressing the home and return button but nothing happens. I tried pressing the home and return button at the same time in hopes for a reset but still nothing. I also tried taking out the battery and pressing the home button but still NOTHING! Can anyone help?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you tried to enter recovery, absolutely nothing happened? Did you have the phone turned off first?

Turn the phone off, then hold the home and power button until a little Android comes up. Then press the search button if you are on Froyo or press the volume buttons if on GB. Then use the volume buttons to choose factory data reset and then wipe cache. Use the camera button or menu button to select options if on Froyo or the power button if on GB.

You might have to sbf back to stock...

Liberty Justice

Last edited:
OP
jmontf

jmontf

Reaction score
To enter recovery, I must turn it off and while it's turning back on do i hold down the house AND return key? Or do I wait until it is fully back on and then hold down the house AND return key? Or is it just one of the buttons I need to hold down? What's sbf?

michael101108

Reaction score
after turning it off, hold the power button and the home key until it shows an android with a triangle. then, press the search key if on froyo. if that doesnt work, press both volume buttons at the same time. this will get u into recovery.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn the phone completely off. While it is off, hold the home and power buttons until you see an Android man.

CM74DX

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To enter recovery, I must turn it off and while it's turning back on do i hold down the house AND return key? Or do I wait until it is fully back on and then hold down the house AND return key? Or is it just one of the buttons I need to hold down? What's sbf?

sbf is what the files are called that you can use a program called RSD Lite to repace your current operating image with another image.

You should be able to get into the recovery screen and do a reset though.

If this is a stock phone that has not been rooted and if you can't get past the unwipe screen you may find it easier to just bring the phone into the nearest Verizon store if you can't do a factory reset. They can reset it for you.

As long as you could successfully log onto Google's web interface then you know your userid and password and you should be fine. If your phone is reset you will just log in with your Google account and your apps should download automatically for you again. You shouldn't have lost anything except your text messages a possibly a few high scores on games.

bryt12345

Reaction score
Thanks for the posts! It worked for my phone. However, I lost all my texts and all the songs I ever downloaded. But it unlocked it!!!!

H3l9m3plz

Reaction score
I have press the on/off button with the home button I have the android but I am unable to move the the highlighted information from reboot system now to any of the suggestions given? Also when I try to log in to my Google account i am unable to type the information in the fields but I can hit the sign in button which doesn't help without the credentials that is needed. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions that may help?