Too Many Screens?

horvie

Reaction score
I would like to know how to move things between screens, delete unwanted screens(and add them again if I need them in the future), or delete some of the pre-loaded icons that are on the screens. Like the messages and calendar date note that appears on one of the screens. Suggestions?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I would like to know how to move things between screens, delete unwanted screens(and add them again if I need them in the future), or delete some of the pre-loaded icons that are on the screens. Like the messages and calendar date note that appears on one of the screens. Suggestions?

If you hold down (or long press) on an icon or widget you can move it around. To move it between screens, move your finger to the edge of the screen it should jump to the next page. While moving an icon/widget around a trash can should appear (usually at the bottom). To remove it from your screen, move the icon/widget down there and drop. Be careful if you are using a custom launcher, if you long press on a widget and your finger slips off of it, sometimes the resize options will pop up. Press the back button to get out of resizing. Also be careful about doing things with apps with certain launchers, as they have options to uninstall them (a popup will come up asking are you sure you want to uninstall, but just be careful if you still want the app).

To add more long press in an empty spot on a home screen and select either widgets or shortcuts to add a widget or shortcut. Your screen will need enough space to add whatever it is, so if you are trying to add a widget that is 4 x 1 and your don't have a full row available, it probably won't add it and say something to the effect of "not enough room on this screen".

To remove screens that entirely depends on what home you are using. Most of the default launchers (or homes) don't have a lot of options when it comes to customization, so it may not be doable with them. But if you use one of the home replacement options from the market, like Go Launcher EX, ADW (or ADW EX), Launcher Pro, Zeam, Regina, or one of the many others, they tend to have options like that. You will need to set up your screens again if you choose to try one of the home replacements. How you add and delete screens is a bit different for each one.

OP
H

horvie

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response. I did manage to move things between screens and it's better organized now. There are 2 icons on one of the screens that came with the phone when originally set up - little squares that link to news items and tips and trick. They won't drop into the trash can so I guess I can't eliminate them. Can I assign different functions to them?.