1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Too many apps?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by sj24, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sj24

sj24 New Member

Is it bad to have too many apps? I have 106 including the stock ones. I know that some apps do not play well with others but it seems that my phone isn't as smooth as it used to be. Wondering if I should get rid of some that I don't use, or some that are similar to others, example, I have Sportstap, scoremobile and espn scorecenter for sport score updates, should I get rid of 2?
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Any app you have the uses updates, pulling from a server, is going to use resources on your device....

I would personally, eliminate redundant apps. But it's your call :)
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If your phone is working well and you have 106 apps what's to complain about. I wouldn't worry. If you do have an issue it will be memory and you'll get an alert about that. Then you may look at getting rid of an app.

Of course if you're running Froyo you can easily move apps to your SD card with a few simple commands in terminal. That would leave more room for the internal memory.

Just giving you something to think about. ;)
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Hook is correct, but with qualifications. The post before his points out that apps that sync on a regular basis will impact both performance and battery life. And since multiple apps don't share sync results it's good practice to delete redundant applications.
  5. plongson

plongson New Member

When you have a lot load of apps, is there an easy way to search for ones that sync?
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Anything with a news feed, scores, weather updates. Anything pushing live, or up-to-date information.
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

No easy way to "search" that I know of, but as Martin says, anything that keeps you "up to date" whether with the world or with your messages, facebook status, etc. may be synching.

However, one can often turn that feature off. For example, I set my newsfeed app "never" to update. When I actually use it, I simply hit "refresh" and I get the latest news in a matter of seconds. Same practice with a number of other apps.
Search tags for this page
android too many free apps
does having too many apps
droid youtoo

help i have too many apps

i have too many android app how do i get rid of rednundant o
i have too many android apps

is it bad to have too many apps

is it possible to have too many apps
is too many apps bad?
s3 too many apps
too many android apps