Tonido Android client available - Your personal cloud

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK this thing is nuts. I am looking at my computer on my droid and I am absolutely nowhere near it. I setup users so they can see certain folders. Example: wife can see all the kids pictures.

I will be using this app more in the coming days but for what I have tested (just loading and looking at pictures.. showing my wife what I did) It's very easy to use and the pics load fast. 5meg pictures, 5-8 seconds.

No editing in here I see. Question... can she share a file from a folder she has access to? Or does only the main user have this ability?

Say she downloaded all the pics off the camera to the computer and put them in the "Kids Pictures" folder that she can access on her D1... Being 5 megs each, emailing them say 10-20 pics doesn't work and resizing them before sending them is a pain in the butt. Could she email them a link with the webshare thing?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
them = her friends and parents

dynodroid

Reaction score
all im getting on the android side is "profile already logged in failed to login"

do i need to make multiple accounts i can log into on my pc just fine

can you post your issue in the Tonido forum. The developers help the users a lot.

dynodroid

Reaction score
OK this thing is nuts. I am looking at my computer on my droid and I am absolutely nowhere near it. I setup users so they can see certain folders. Example: wife can see all the kids pictures.

I will be using this app more in the coming days but for what I have tested (just loading and looking at pictures.. showing my wife what I did) It's very easy to use and the pics load fast. 5meg pictures, 5-8 seconds.

No editing in here I see. Question... can she share a file from a folder she has access to? Or does only the main user have this ability?

Say she downloaded all the pics off the camera to the computer and put them in the "Kids Pictures" folder that she can access on her D1... Being 5 megs each, emailing them say 10-20 pics doesn't work and resizing them before sending them is a pain in the butt. Could she email them a link with the webshare thing?

Yes. she can send the link.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty big on giving credit where it's due dynodroid.. From the app to the website the interface for this is extremely easy to use, easy on the eyes and makes using this app/program so effortless . Pretty obvious to me that a lot of time and effort (but especially time, cause you know what you are doing) went into making all things Tonido.
So to that I say great job man and where's the "donate" button?

TonidoDroid

Reaction score
@tiggerxplur - Pl check if you have entered the account name and server url in small caps.. (pl do visit Tonido forum)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Overall, this was a pretty nice app, but the "music player" part of it could use some more bells and whistles IMO - there's no icon in the notification tray, no artist/album information that appear to be read from the ID tags of the files, etc. To be fair it does much more than alternative apps that really only handle music, but that's my primary focus for this sort of thing.

Setting up was absolutely a breeze, no trouble at all. Very nice work on the whole.

dynodroid

Reaction score
Tonido is available in Android market place

I'm pretty big on giving credit where it's due dynodroid.. From the app to the website the interface for this is extremely easy to use, easy on the eyes and makes using this app/program so effortless . Pretty obvious to me that a lot of time and effort (but especially time, cause you know what you are doing) went into making all things Tonido.
So to that I say great job man and where's the "donate" button?

Hi xkape, Thanks for your kind words. We don't have the mechanism to currently accept donations. You can help us by spreading the word. Tonido is available in Android market place from today. You can give us a good rating and review :).

dynodroid

Reaction score
Overall, this was a pretty nice app, but the "music player" part of it could use some more bells and whistles IMO - there's no icon in the notification tray, no artist/album information that appear to be read from the ID tags of the files, etc. To be fair it does much more than alternative apps that really only handle music, but that's my primary focus for this sort of thing.

Setting up was absolutely a breeze, no trouble at all. Very nice work on the whole.

Hi Pdroid,

Thanks. This is our first iteration of Android app. You are seeing just the tip of the iceberg :). We are confident that Tonido will become one of the top apps in Android marketplace as we iterate more.

From today, Tonido is available on Android market place. Please help us by providing your rating and review.

:)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That, I can do. I just searched the market for it but it didn't come up. I'll try again here around lunch time. :)

TonidoDroid

Reaction score
Android is Available in the Market

Hello all - Android app is available in the market. Pl do try it and give us your rating and comments.

Beta users - the released version of the App supports videos and includes some performance improvements. So 2 good reasons to try released version :)