Tones for different applications for each contact

musicalalliecat

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a different tone for texting, calling, emails and etc for each contact?

trbasil

Reaction score
Setting up different ringtones for calls is a default feature, just open a contact--> menu--> options-->rintones.

SMS popup will let you so it for text, and I'm not sure if there is a way to do it for emails.

OP
M

musicalalliecat

Reaction score
Ok, let me clarifiy. I know how to set ringtones for different apps, but how do i set different ringtones or notiftications for each contact with each different app?? I can set different ringtones for calls for the different contacts, but if I want a different tones/song/ringtone for email or messages for each contact....I cannot figure it out. I've have tried to put the songs in a labet folder for each app, but it is not working! Help, please!.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I use handcent and customize the notifications individually ... so for text messages from my husband, for example, I have one 'tone' and his phone call is a separate sound ... I did this by loading the app and then loading his 'thread' of text messages - clicking the top/right corner and customizing the bubble and notification settings. I have done this for my most of my favorites or frequently texted/called contacts.

Hope this helps. I love handcent for this reason, among others!

ETA: I had to put text message sounds (notifications) in the Notifications folder (/sdcard) so they would work.

Last edited:
OP
M

musicalalliecat

Reaction score
i am having trouble with handcent, it is not letting me do the different stuff. it keeps closing on me. any other ways or programs? or how to fix the problem?

mcjuice22

Reaction score
handcent does work. One thing I did to add actual songs for notifications...was to add a notification folder and drop the ringtones in there. from that point doing as mamaperk said, you can customize it all. if you need more help. send me a pm. Ill leave you my number and you can call me and i will try and walk you through the process. be sure to have a pen and paper....its a pretty lengthy process and well worth it. I also changed my font and colors for each individual