1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Toggling customizable wifi icons?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by gutternights, Jan 3, 2010.

1. gutternights

gutternights New Member

i'm trying to modify the wifi toggle that comes with beautiful widgets. how could i get this to work?

basically, i tried using bettercut to change my wifi icons, but to my knowledge, there's no way of adding two icons for one action.

let's say i wanted to use these two icons:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

is there a way to set it so that when you turn your wifi off, it will switch to the offline icon?
  2. mrZoSo

mrZoSo New Member

You will need to modify the beautiful widgets apk, re-sign it, re-install it.
  3. gutternights

gutternights New Member

how can i do that? i can browse the folders in astro, but i can't browse them on my pc.
  4. mrZoSo

mrZoSo New Member

Backup your original Beautiful widgets with Astro, it should back it up to your sdcard.
    Copy it to your pc, should be com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk
    Rename it to com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.zip
    Now you'll be able to extract the drawable-hdpi and drawable-mdpi folders, where the images reside.
    Modify your images accordingly, looks like the toggles are made of multiple parts, so it won't be a simple replace the two icons(one on, one off) NOTE: in most cases, image type, size, and weight is critical for proper operation of the app.
    Re-pack the 2 folders in to the com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.zip
    Use Droid Explorer(read Documentation on thier site to properly install) to sign the package, it will create a new apk, should be com.levelup.beautifulwidgets-signed.apk
    Copy it to your sdcard.
    Go to Application settings on the Droid and check the Unknown sources box.
    Use Astro to install com.levelup.beautifulwidgets-signed.apk
    Done

Something to keep in mind, when an update comes down for Beautiful Widgets, I'm almost sure you would need to repeat the process again, as the new package will overwrite the existing one.
    Also you are modifying the app, so if it starts giving you problems don't contact the app developer. Either try and figure out what's wrong or re-install the original version to see if problems still occur.
    This is a do at your own risk thing.
  5. gutternights

gutternights New Member

thanks a lot for explaining that. seems complicated since the icons are made of multiple images.

and i'm using the old version of BW, so i won't ever update it unless my version stops working.
Search tags for this page

android custom wifi icon

how to change android toggle icon
how to change toggle icons android
where can i edit toggle icon on android