ToddG's introduction.

ToddG

Reaction score
Howdy peeps, the name's Todd of course.
The wife and I acquired new phones in December.
I've been lurking here on and off since getting the new phones absorbing everything I can.
I have the DroidX and love it so far.
The Wife has the Fascinate and until two days ago was loving her phone also.
I did the OTA update to her phone and now the battery life is probably half of what it was.
That's what prompted me to sign up and post in this thread.
I'm hoping some of the members here can help us with our problem so stop over to that thread if you haven't seen it yet, thanks.

I moderate on another popular forum and understand what it takes to keep a place like this organized, friendly and informative (kudos to the Mods and Admins here).
Anyway, glad to be a part of such a great site, see you around the board.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! glad to have u here. hmm what changes were there with the OTA? in ur settings display, what app is running the most in the background?

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
T

ToddG

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! glad to have u here. hmm what changes were there with the OTA? in ur settings display, what app is running the most in the background?

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Unless I'm mistaken the update was to get 2.2 froyo on the phone.
Under battery manager the item with the top usage was display at 50 some percent.
As far as apps running, she has minimal (especially compared to my DroidX) and no new apps were added since this update.
The phone is physically unchanged by us other than this POS update.

:welcome: to the forum, Todd. I'd call customer service. Since it was an OTA, maybe they can help.

Yeah, if I don't come up with a solution from here or on my own by tomorrow I'll be taking it in to the local Verizon wireless store and let them deal with it.

Updates are supposed to be improvements right? :confused:
I'll surely be hesitant to update my DroidX if/when updates come out for it, I can tell you that.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hmm...I'd def go with with CJM suggested. Maybe the ota didn't update fully. Have u tried calling vzw to see if they can do another update to her phone? But ur right, I maybe a little hesitant too when my X gets the update. I have both Droid X and the Droid 2 Global. I love them both

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA