Today's Dumb Questions: Gmail Cut/Paste and Phone Numbers

Reaction score
As usual I will probably have missed the obvious but.

1) How can I copy text from an email that was sent to me ?

2) It seems with the newest gmail that phone numbers are not showing up as clickable - does this seem correct ?

orion2001

Reaction score
For 1) Just long press on your email, you should feel a little buzz and then the text will be highlighted in blue with two markers on either end that you can drag around to mark the text you wish to copy. Haven't tested with phone numbers yet, so don't know the answer to two.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) Long press on the text you want to copy. This will bring up the handles. Drag the handles to incorporate the text you want copied, then press the copy button at the bottom (icon that looks like two sheets of paper).

2) Even if they don't look as though they're clickable, click them anyway - this should bring up the dialer most of the time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As usual I will probably have missed the obvious but.

1) How can I copy text from an email that was sent to me ?

2) It seems with the newest gmail that phone numbers are not showing up as clickable - does this seem correct ?

The phone numbers in my Gmails are clickable. I checked it on some old emails and sent a new one to my phone from the PC. The only caveat is that all the numbers were in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Good luck.