Today is Last Chance To Download Adobe Flash for Your Android Device

vaeron

Reaction score
isn't that the biggest reason on the move to html5... it makes it easier to edit?

I'm going to say I've honestly never looked at html5 much, and I've done some flash coding, though very limited amounts.

hopefully this will be a smooth transition

With the move to html5 the hope is that a greater number of devices will be able to support the new standard. That said, not every browser renders HTML5 the same way, let alone CSS3. As a developer, I have built my share of Flash sections for clients insistent upon it. That isn't to say that flash is an entirely bad thing. As HTML5 grows and expands. More and more capabilities will allow Flash to slowly die. Unfortunately we are not at the point yet where I think Adobe should abandon their support of one of the most unique features that sets Android off. I know myself and quite a few others who enjoy playing flash games on their phones while they are waiting somewhere; so to try to force other developers to re-develop their games is a slap in the face of long time customers. I bought Flash, it's great for certain things; but there is still a significant web market and I just don't see it dying as quick as Adobe would like it to, and I see a backlash at them happening in the future. That said, I hope HTML5 and CSS3 continue to be worked on, especially because there is so much that can be done for mobile and desktop platforms with very little code change. /END RANT

I guess in my rant I never really answered your question. Plain and simple, yes, HTML5 is way easier to edit. I can simply open it up in a text editor and change what I need to and instantly see the difference, whereas with flash, as mentioned, you generally have to edit it then re-export it. It can be a pain, but it can look SOOO pretty and so much more interactive (for now).

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
went ahead and loaded the latest update to dropbox:)

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
It's still available. I just grabbed it but I'm sure that it won't be there much longer.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
damn i remember when everybody couldn't hardly wait for it to come to android lol now its dead wow didn't last very long.

Yeah, I remember when everyone couldn't wait to get Adobe Flash on their Moto Droids. We were installing beta code and leaked packages, just to see a webpage like it would render on a desktop, on your phone. Now everyone is like, 'good riddance' LOL.

paulhusker

Reaction score
I just stumbled on to this thread. I checked on my Razr Maxx w/ ICS and see I don't have Adobe Flash Player. Play Store doesn't have it anymore. Anybody know where I can grab a copy? I guess I always assumed it was already on my Maxx.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Is there a way to download it and save the download for later install on a different phone like say I get a new one?