Today I UPGRADE!!!!! YIPPEE

milkmade

Reaction score
Where to buy?
Amazon is cheaper than Verizon store!!! Wirefly is the cheapest!!! Who gets my money and why??? Please Advise! Pretty sure I am after the Droid X unless you all talk me out of it. Hope I am not too dumb for a smartphone!!!
Thanks on advance!!!!dancedroid

huskur

Reaction score
Droid X is a great choice. It is not to large as some people say and the larger screen allows for a much better "viewing experience".

I got mine from Dell. Check there. The other places are fine to buy from but i do like to have some form of "reputation" and knowledge from a company that will back their product.

Good luck shopping!!! You will be very happy with the X

MonKENy

Reaction score
Are you upgrading? Are you just buying w/o a service plan? If you are paying full retail price just buy the cheapest you can find. The phones the same no matter where you buy from so why pay more than necessary?

And yes buy a droid x.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
Save the upgrade!!!
vPhone 4, Thunderbolt, and Bionic are coming soon! They'd all be better options.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Swirly

Reaction score
For real try crigslist... i love swap'n between my d2g, my bb storm 2 and my droid x... im a nerd so i just go crazy! Dont upgrade till later this year. Face camera phones are coming and 4g phones are coming... if u can hold off that long* but u get the picture :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Scott26

Reaction score
Defintetly get the X I was on the fence between this and the D2G and I am so happy with it bye bye keyboards! Be careful with those online stores the terms and conditions are differnt from Verizon like mandatory $30 data plans and no contract changes for the first 6-12 months. I found the best is Costco no tricky terms just like Verizon no mail in debates and was only charged for the sale price in tax not full retail. My X cost me $150 with my upgrade.

OP
M

milkmade

Reaction score
I am upgrading and need the android platform for the software I plan to run. I can't decide whether to wait or not. If I buy from craigslist or secondhand, can I try it with the dataplan without renewing my contract. That way if money becomes tight(er) I can sell it and go back to a dumbphone. If I buy secondhand, am I looking for problems from other peoples downloads or can I wipe that out!

schoeds

Reaction score
Defintetly get the X I was on the fence between this and the D2G and I am so happy with it bye bye keyboards! Be careful with those online stores the terms and conditions are differnt from Verizon like mandatory $30 data plans and no contract changes for the first 6-12 months. I found the best is Costco no tricky terms just like Verizon no mail in debates and was only charged for the sale price in tax not full retail. My X cost me $150 with my upgrade.

This is not accurate, I called to confirm with Verizon before making my purchase that I would have the flexibility to change my plan after purchase to one not offered by Dell. She said it would not be a problem. As soon as my X was activated and the plan changed, I logged on to my account and downgraded the plan. No problems.

Arrived in 3 days. LOVE this phone!

Scott26

Reaction score

This is not accurate, I called to confirm with Verizon before making my purchase that I would have the flexibility to change my plan after purchase to one not offered by Dell. She said it would not be a problem. As soon as my X was activated and the plan changed, I logged on to my account and downgraded the plan. No problems.

Arrived in 3 days. LOVE this phone!

I never said that Verizon wouldn't let you change the plan I am talking about sites like: Letstalk.com Walmart.com Wirefly.com

They have a deal with Verizon saying we let you sell our phones but you have to sell this with it or the person buying has to follow these rules.

When I called these companies they stated just what I have posted above I am saying be careful and read there fine print as well.

Last edited: