1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

to those on the froyo BB rom..

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Axium, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Axium

Axium New Member

is it stable? how does it hold up to 1.1? what are the cons of it besides the maps issue? i'm contemplating upgrading to it but i want a stable rom and little-to-no issues whatsoever lol. i'm not looking into OC'ing my phone to the max, atm i'm just using the 800mhz kernel, cause i heard this was FAST (the froyo). basically i'm just trying to see if people are having a lot of issues or not and i'm basing my decision on that
  2. Sileem

Sileem New Member

Nothing is wrong with mine, maps didnt work at first, I just uninstalled maps and reinstalled, it worked fine.
  3. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 New Member

its faster to me. everything works fine. my wifi tether disappeared though, but there is the new option right in the settings to tether the phone corded. i might just need to install wifi tether again. other than that it reinstalled all my apps and everything worked perfectly.
  4. droidtx

droidtx New Member

it killed my flash 10.1

I had froyo AND Flash. I installed bugless and now it does not work. It will not uninstall or reinstall. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it working again?

UPDATE: I downloaded root explorer and reinstalled FLASH with root explorer. Now it works.
    I WAS using Astro file manager to try to re-install Flash but it was failing.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. bill d.

bill d. New Member

a lot of my apps force close doing random things and it wouldn't sync my calendars. I could deal with random FCs, but Helix does for no reason and I'm not too into launcherpro. just restored back to nexbeast 1.1 and I'll be staying here till some of the kinks get worked out. Its just an RC, so I didn't expect it to be perfect.
  6. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Its stable and blazing fast.
  7. jmonte345

jmonte345 New Member

I'm not having any issues. Came from BB v1.1 and didn't wipe data or cache. I installed it just to see what would happen and to my surprise it's running smooth as can be. No maps issue and no issues with the market.

Only small thing was flash. I went to system/apps with root explorer and reinstalled the apk and it works great.
  8. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Same for me here...

Same for me except I installed the APK from my SDcard...where i have it as a back-up with some of my APKs...
  9. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

I've had absolutely no problems with the rom. I found out the hard way that doing a wipe really does help though. Had some issues before I wiped...but after I wiped and reinstalled, everything worked fine. It's blazingly fast, and stable as ever.
  10. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

I've loved BB since I first got and rootd my droid, but...

I had the first froyo rom posted here and used the 1.2ghz kernel with the clean black theme from TC. my phone was faster than ever and I was not getting temps over 43 C. I used pandora, browsed this site on the BB screen shot thread and scrolled a lot, texted, etc and as I said I stayed at about 40 C. I was also getting a MLOP of 18ish and a quad score of 1400-1500. Rare force closes as well (about the same rarity of BB V1.1)

I installed BB froyo and was kinda disappointed. My MFLOP score went back to 9 (only 1 above 2.1 BBV1.1) and my quad score was like 850. It pretty much seemed identical to V 1.1. It was still fast, but I felt the froyo rom was a little faster in practice (much faster in testing). I didn't bother doing any temp tests, but I may do that soon. on V1.1 I was getting temps up to 55C doing the same stuff as my temp test on the froyo rom

I love BB and Pete and have been a huge advocate of the BB name, recommending it to many, but I had to go back to the froyo rom
  11. surfbuckeyesbc

surfbuckeyesbc New Member

I agree, this ROM is incredible. I am running 15 MFLOP scores on LinPack and scored a 1300 something on Quadrant, just under the Nexus 1 2.2. I am running the 1.1 OC 2.2! kernel at 1 GHz. Stable as ever and it is wicked fast. Make sure if you download speed kernels (anything higher than the stock 800), use ONLY the directions from the P3 site.

P3Droid Kernels
  12. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

I'm running bb0.1 froyo, p3 125 1.0gHz kernel w/ team chaos black ice theme for froyo, and I've got no major issues at all. It doesn't seem quite as snappy and quick though as it did yesterday when I had BB1.1 smoked glass 1.0gHz....also using more battery life by far.

I might try the 1.2 kernel, even though with 2.1 my phone didn't really enjoy it
  13. surfbuckeyesbc

surfbuckeyesbc New Member

It is amazingly fast. I lvoe it. fingers crossed right now though as i try to install blue energy theme on top of the bugless froyo. Good luck to me!

Oh, btw, I should be sleeping for work.... Damn you Pete for making it seem like christmas!
  14. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

I love it. It's incredibly fast, and very stable. My biggest drawback with it is I can't run Helix1. LauncherPro is very similar to Helix and very stable. I don't see any reason to ever go back to any 2.1 rom. I came from BB v1.1 and a 1Ghz kernel. I'd load it again in a minute.
  15. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

Man, team chaos' boot graphics are the shiznut...
  16. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

OK I just went to 1200p3kernel on bb0.1 (black ice theme) and my droid is like lightning now, i love it, no issues just pure speed....for now anyway
  17. GoBlazers

GoBlazers New Member

Upgrade! Just remember to wipe data/cache first.

And you will need to reinstall flash otherwise it doesnt work for some reason
  18. ardoreal

ardoreal New Member

My wifi tether reinstalled with the rest of the apps and worked fine, odd that this happened to you.

I still wish it was an option in the system though like we saw on the N1.