To The Moderators!!!

dautley

Reaction score
It's kind of weird having on long section with people asking all kind of questions about different phones, wouldn't you say? Why not just get rid of this and have people seek help in their own phones sections?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's kind of weird having on long section with people asking all kind of questions about different phones, wouldn't you say? Why not just get rid of this and have people seek help in their own phones sections?
What section are you referring too?

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
This section has 480 something pages in it and all asking about different devices.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you click on Moto Droid Bionic Forum you will see a sub forum called Tech Support.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Alot of times a phone's sub-forum or whatever you wanna call it, will be kinda like a desert. Especially with phones that are older. This is like the "general discussion" area of tech problems, if you will.

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
Yes, but above all of that in android discussions there is also a android tech support section which we are in now and its a mess with all kinds of posts about different devices. It is a mess and kind of redundant.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't disagree. But, there are devices that do not have a dedicated forum do to age and popularity.

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
News/forums/Android Discussions/ Android Tech Support/
where we are now, then later on under forums each phone is listed with it's own tech support forum. maybe i see it laid out differently than mods do.

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
I don't disagree. But, there are devices that do not have a dedicated forum do to age and popularity.
True but in the Motorola section for example there is a Bionic section and a archive section yet people are coming here asking Bionic questions buried in a bunch of unrelated stuff, just saying it could be implemented a little better, maybe another retired deceives section under the main ones like Motorola or something.
Anyhow, just a suggestion that would help me find needed information better. and something to mull over for a while......

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
Alot of times a phone's sub-forum or whatever you wanna call it, will be kinda like a desert. Especially with phones that are older. This is like the "general discussion" area of tech problems, if you will.

Just go through it and ask yourself how anyone would find anything in it. Just a thought about changing it, sleep on it a night or two and come back and see if you think its doing the job intended.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Your suggestion has been noted and sent to those who handle the forum format. Thanks for your concern.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just go through it and ask yourself how anyone would find anything in it. Just a thought about changing it, sleep on it a night or two and come back and see if you think its doing the job intended.
I definitely see where you're coming from. And I understand you think that the board isn't set up as efficiently as it can be. However, let me see if I can give you another possible perspective (and to add onto my "general discussion" area of this "Android Tech" section)

Imagine someone new (and probably to the world of forums and Android). Something is wrong with their phone and they're panicking for answers.

Alot times cases like these, users post in the wrong sections. There have been a ton of "technical" problems in the "Android General Discussion" area through the years I've been here. So threads in the wrong categories happen all the time. Common for every forum really.

Also, DF basically covers almost all devices that have Android. We're a big general forum with specific sub-forums. It can be difficult, especially for members new to forums or this format, to find their specific section (especially in a bit of a panic). And of course, the older devices, their sections can be a desert and ignored. So again, take this section as the "general discussion of tech problems", if you will. There is high traffic in this specific area compared to say, the Droid 3 forum of DF.

In the end, users will post in the higher traffic areas to have the best chance possible at their thread being answered.

I'm not trying to argue, just trying to show another perspective. Also the fact that it's one of the older sections of the board as it's been there since DF's beginning, it may have grown a bit out of control.

Jeffrey has taken note and will pass the message on. Maybe we'll see some changes in the future, but your feedback is appreciated :)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honestly, I would much rather visit here. I shouldn't have to visit every forum, then sub-forum, for every device. Now, that's redundant.

OP
dautley

dautley

Reaction score
I guess as long as people get their questions answered it doesn't matter.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk