To root or not to root?

CC268

Reaction score
Just to give you guys some background, I had a rooted Fascinate and I loved it, not to mention is was extremely fast. I like the stock TB but I feel like I could pull some better battery life with rooting and get rid of the bloat. However, while I was extremely familiar with rooting and flashing roms and kernels on the Fascinate (changed ROMS and kernels almost every week or two), I have never done it through ADB on the TB. Everyone seems to say they haven't needed to root their TB so they haven't, so I am getting mixed feedback on me. So...either persuade me to root or not to root...

Root or no?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Just to give you guys some background, I had a rooted Fascinate and I loved it, not to mention is was extremely fast. I like the stock TB but I feel like I could pull some better battery life with rooting and get rid of the bloat. However, while I was extremely familiar with rooting and flashing roms and kernels on the Fascinate (changed ROMS and kernels almost every week or two), I have never done it through ADB on the TB. Everyone seems to say they haven't needed to root their TB so they haven't, so I am getting mixed feedback on me. So...either persuade me to root or not to root...

Root or no?

Depends on what you want for your TB. I rooted my D1 because it was too slow and I wanted to overclock it. Tethering, removing bloatware, etc were just bonuses for me. I had no intention of rooting my TB because performance isn't a issue with the TB. What made me go ahead and root my phone was the fact that I own like 5 to 7 root required paid apps that I didn't want to go to waste.

As far as rooting with ADB is concerned, it's a piece of cake provided you can follow directions because it doesn't require you to know your way around the computer or even know ADB commands. The auto root thread in this forum takes the ADB work out of rooting and presents you with 1 button response options to root your phone. Your basically dealing with a automated file that only requires you to press 1 to continue or press 2 to exit, etc because all the commands on done automatically. I told myself when I got my TB on March 17 that I wouldn't root my phone until somebody posted a method that would take the effort out of rooting and the auto root method is it.

So after that long winded response I'd say go ahead and root the darn phone, it's not going to hurt anything, you can use your paid root required apps if you own any, and you have more options in terms of apps to purchase on the market.