To Root or Not To Root

jr313

Reaction score
i never rooted my thunderbolt so please tell me is it safe

Nobody here will reimburse you if you brick it. Then, they will tell you to return it to Verizon for a warranty replacement.

Looks like even Nandroid backups can fail during restore:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...icked-went-gingerbread-liberty-clockwork.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

True there is always that possibility of screw up and thats y i said RESEARCH & READ and no way do i condone tryn to cheat verizon out of sumthing that a person was at fault for...ive rooted plenty of phone G1, D1, Fascinate, Droid inc, and plenty in between including my TB with success but as i said i READ & RESEARCHED till i was certain i was ready....

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down

Reaction score
Tethering is no longer an issue bc of the hot spot capabilities
that will cost a fortune after may 15th. 20$ for 2gb and 10$ for each gb after that. Considering I've used 130gb last month, I'm going to root and use wireless tether after mid may.

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

Idiots like you are the reason typical users are going to have to pay more for data....tiers/no unlimited data.....thanks dude

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Agreed. Quit being a cheapa** and buy home internet.

This is my thunderbolt talking...

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm thinking of rooting for the sole purpose of getting rid of that FREAKING stupid Backup Assistant icon!

cj1896

Reaction score
I rooted this weekend (did it the manual way so that I can fix it if something goes wrong). It wasn't the easiest thing I've done but if you are familiar with ADB it isn't as daunting as it looks. I'd recommend it for people just because now that I am able to govern my cpu (smart***) I am getting much better battery life.

1android

Reaction score
I know there is a link around here somewhere on this link but am having trouble remembering or finding where it is. Isn't there a link to rooting your phone back to factory settings in case something happens after rooting?

can someone help me out?

1android

Reaction score
I'M ROOTED!!!!!! LONG manual version +10! not one hold back

jr313

Reaction score
Congrats bro!!! Welcome to the darkside...lol...

Sent from the phone that makes all other phones bow down