To P3DRoid and CellZealot

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by pc747, Jul 11, 2010.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

This is a formal thank you from everyone here on Droidforums.net. We would not have the source to build all the custom roms on if you guys have not done the work to release it.
    So everyone who is enjoying a 2.2 froyo based rom, stop by or Pm P3...they have done a good job. I, for one, am loving the speed gained and the P3 Kernels.

Also a shou out to Johnly for pointing out that we never had an official thank you thread to P3 and Cellzealot. I am aware that some have thanked him on more then one occasion in the froyo release threads.

For all the Devs out there doing their thing to help us enjoy our droids, thanks.
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ditto - I thanked P3 in a PM as soon as Froyo leaked out.
  4. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Thank you PilotCharles747.....DF is known for giving credit, and having a wealth of information. I am sure this thread will enlighten newby's on their droid quests. I, as well, thanked P3Droid long ago....and learned a few things through PM's with him. He is A class.

He seems to think the X will be a tough one root? I think he is right from what he has posted at MDW, and what has been posted here.
  5. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer Developer

All the devs working on the roms and kernels for the Droid are simply amazing. I just got into this last week while I was on vacation and had some time to play around with it all. Truly unbelievable what has been accomplished!

As for the Droid X, and I'm guessing Droid 2 and probably most Droid releases beyond, that doesn't seem like fun. Encrypted boot code? Yuck! I hope the smart devs out there band together and come up with a way around it and are able to root them. I'm beyond happy with my Droid right now (especially with froyo and a custom kernel! holy snikes!!) but eventually I got my eye on one of those rumored 2ghz toys Moto has on the board for end of the year. I'd be a very sad panda if I can't root it and flash a custom rom on it.

P3 and everyone else that's brought so much to this community, THANK YOU!
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Hopefully with dev's like P3 (and many others) working together they can get the X where we'd all like it. dancedroid
  7. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Thanks guys for everything you do to help and promote for the Android Community!!
  8. jlambeth1

jlambeth1 New Member

Thanks from me as well. I love my Droid and all that I can do to it because of you guys! A big thanks to all ROM devs as well!
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thanks to P3 Droid has been given many times in the Froyo thread, and I personally have gone over and thanked him at MDW.

I'm very grateful for everything he's done and people aren't aware of how much he's done, this is true. But I do want to point out that efforts have been made to thank him in threads. Unfortunately they get buried in all the posts.

Hopefully this thread will clear up any misunderstandings about how DF feels towards P3.
  10. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

You are all very welcome! I have chosen to keep a pretty low profile from the beginning, so I am pretty used to not getting much attention. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that makes these things happen and most people are entirely unaware of it. My friends and I have been very happy to provide these resources to the community and watch the amazing and unpredictable results...mostly! ;) I am very thankful to P3Droid and others for all their help in getting the most from these valuable files. Yay team! :D
  11. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 New Member

Wanted to thank ALL the devs out there who help make my DROID awesome!!!

The hard work from you all has made the Android community what it is

And of course P3droid and Cellzealot for all the leaks and work they do for us!!!!
  12. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I'll second that for sure. Most have lives outside of this stuff, so thanks for using your hobby to enrich others mobile lives!

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  13. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Hey Hook, I never thought DF had any misunderstandings about P3*. This thread does show that DF knows its roots:) Heck, I even learned another not so famous "famous" name...."CellZealot" I love what has been done to the world of Android, and to know some depth of why, makes it better IMO.

*PS Hook Sorry about my drunken attempt at a post, lol (at least I didn't get behind the wheel) You know what I am talking about:)
  14. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

the work p3 has done seems, to me, to have allowed so many to so much for all of us.
    thanks are given to all devs and forum owners from me.
  15. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Bumbty bump...go X because of what?! I mean who?! Yeah!
  16. caseyc

caseyc New Member

Thank you to all who has made it possible to run custom roms with 2.2!
  17. mdloops

mdloops New Member

Thanks dude, but does the thread have to feel like he has died or something? So morose. :)
  18. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

Finally rooted my phone! All possible thanks to P3Droid and CellZealot! Now I get to see what all the fuss is about! ;)
Search tags for this page

cellzealot