To Overclock or not

yitaf24

Reaction score
New Droid X user here. Got a ? concerning overclocking. Do I have to root my DX in order to overclock my Droid or not necessary to increase CPU pwr? Doesn't overclocking void warranty?

bcals0087

Reaction score
you do have to root in order to be able to overclock. Its not necessary considering the X does have a good amount of power already, and all you really need is just the right setup. I personally have mine clocked at 1.25 ghz low voltage so I get that extra little boost with no difference in battery usage. It is very stable and makes me extremely happy with my setup. It's all preference but I'd say its worth messing around with. Just don't ever set anything on boot. It will create a headache. There was also a somewhat recent comment about rooting not voiding your warranty so I wouldn't worry about it. If anything happens uninstall the overclock application and unroot and you'll be fine.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
New Droid X user here. Got a ? concerning overclocking. Do I have to root my DX in order to overclock my Droid or not necessary to increase CPU pwr? Doesn't overclocking void warranty?
yes and yes

Sent from my DROIDX