1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

To Overclock or not

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by yitaf24, Oct 28, 2010.

1. yitaf24

yitaf24 New Member

New Droid X user here. Got a ? concerning overclocking. Do I have to root my DX in order to overclock my Droid or not necessary to increase CPU pwr? Doesn't overclocking void warranty?
  2. bcals0087

bcals0087 New Member

you do have to root in order to be able to overclock. Its not necessary considering the X does have a good amount of power already, and all you really need is just the right setup. I personally have mine clocked at 1.25 ghz low voltage so I get that extra little boost with no difference in battery usage. It is very stable and makes me extremely happy with my setup. It's all preference but I'd say its worth messing around with. Just don't ever set anything on boot. It will create a headache. There was also a somewhat recent comment about rooting not voiding your warranty so I wouldn't worry about it. If anything happens uninstall the overclock application and unroot and you'll be fine.
  3. xliderider

xliderider New Member

I'm happy with the stock 1ghz speed, but I'm running on the ultra low voltage setting to get even better battery usage.
  4. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

yes and yes

Sent from my DROIDX