1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

To overclock or just freeze apps?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by Sparky013, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Sparky013

Sparky013 New Member

I have a Droid Eris. I was wondering if I will get more speed by overclocking or just freezing some apps that I don't need by using titanium backup. I have the one click root with the stock ROM...any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  2. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

If you don't need the apps just remove them completely. Unless you plan on using them later. Overclocking will make the phone faster.
  3. Sparky013

Sparky013 New Member

Roms?

Thanks...Do you know a good Rom for Eris that is overclocked already? I'm not that smart when it comes to the technical stuff. Something reliable that I dont need to mess with a whole lot.
  4. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

I have no idea on the Eris. But flashing a different kernel is about the same as flashing a rom.
  5. Kanibull

Kanibull New Member

i think evil eris comes with an overclock kernel
  6. wolfpackdl90

wolfpackdl90 New Member

I recently just rooted my eris, based on the sticky in this section. I haven't flased froyo yet, don't know if i will or not. But my question is after i run SetCpu and Perflock is disabled, it want allow me to overclock it from 528 (stock) to 710 like i want to. Does anyone know why this is and how i can overclock the eris without having to flash another rom. Thanks in advance.
Search tags for this page

how to freeze apps on a htc eris