To little to late?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by im a android but thats ok, Jan 20, 2010.

1. im a android but thats ok

im a android but thats ok New Member

2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

not a matter of if, a matter of when ......especially since att is going to release a dell phone and 2 android phone. (if im not mistaken, dell will be running android, correct me if im wrong).
  3. droidfannd

droidfannd New Member

Yes, an iPhone on Verizon is too little, too late for me.

If you'd asked me 6 months ago...I'd have jumped at the opportunity.

Now that I've been using my DROID and realized that I don't have to drink the Apple kool-aid to have a phone that serves as essential daily tool...I won't be looking back.
  4. lockman

lockman New Member

Too little too late, indeed.
  5. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

A desparate measure?? On Apples part or VZW? The iPhone has been killing everything else out there and is on a network many people arent happy with, but stick with it for the iPhone. It certainly isnt a desparate move on Apple's part. When the iPhone gets to VZW my Droid is going on Ebay. Just hope it brings enough to offet the cost of buying the iPhone without an upgrade discount.
  6. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

Too late and too BAD! I wouldn't touch an iSUCK even if I got it for free... Actually, I take that back. I touch it to sell it, haha. Its all a waiting game now until Verizon gets it.

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Why wouldn't Apple want the iPhone on more carriers given the perception of at&t's network? Do you really think that Apple is sitting there thinking "Well, we've sold enough iPhones"?

I'm not sure I understand the "too little too late" bit either. It seems that you're assuming that the iPhone is only coming to Verizon to convert Android users? You don't think that there are still Verizon customers that want an iPhone but don't want to switch to at&t? Aren't more choices for the consumer always better?
  8. justbob

justbob New Member

Sorry, but the iPhone on Verizon would be the best of both worlds. Apple knows that. So does Verizon. So it's not a question of "if," it's a a question of "when." And when they do Apple's going to sell a gazillion of them.
  9. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

A friend of mine has an iPhone, but got the usual bad service from ATT, so he transferred to Verizon and got a different phone. He still has his iPhone, and when he can use it on VZW's network, he will.

My brother's got an iPhone, and with ATT he can't even use it in his apartment. I'm sure he will switch to VZW when he can.

To be honest, when I got my Droid back in December I wasn't looking at it. I was going to wait until Verizon got the iPhone. But the Droid was an upgrade & Christmas gift from my parents.

I have not drank either Kool-aid. :)
  10. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Member

I'm fairly certain he was speaking from a personal point of view. Without a doubt, Verizon will sell millions of iPhones due to pent up demand by its subscribers and AT&T switchers.

That said, I'm doubtful the Verizon iPhone will be announced on the 27th. I think they will only introduce the tablet and save the Verizon iPhone announcement for WWDC in June, as theyhave in the past. Could be wrong, of course. :)
  11. sc4fpse

sc4fpse New Member

Hope this is what you're thinking, and not what your brother is planning on. iPhones don't have CDMA radios in them, only GSM ones. With verizon, that iPhone is nothing more than a paperweight.
  12. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Same deal, I would have been on board 6 months ago, but not anymore.
  13. easyrun99

easyrun99 New Member

I don't think the AT&T iPhone will work on VZW's network...
  14. DurangoJim

DurangoJim New Member

Too little, too late?
    Not at all. Too many people on message boards assume that the average consumer is a geek/tech enthusiast as most people are on message boards. They want something that is cool and easy to use. The iPhone is exactly that and is why it has been so successful. If the iPhone came to VZW it would instantly be VZW's #1 selling device and would crush Droid sales. This doesn't mean it's a better phone than the Droid, although the 4G might be because we don't know what it will be like. I love my Droid but when you have people in their 50s and 60s owning and using iPhones and are amazed at the features, apps, and it's simplicity you know Apple did something right and being on VZW would only open that market up even more.
  15. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

Yea he won't be able to since iphone is gsm