To LEAP, or Not to leap? That is a question!

snappingfish

Reaction score
I have 10 days left until 30 days after I received my Droid. Do I want to swap it out for the D-inc?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
another thread....

This is my feel on it. If you think it is worth the money and gassle to pay out right, ebay the droid, and push fwd your new every 2 date, then make the move. I am gonna hold off. Technology by next year will probably make that incredible look like a razr.

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
Isn't there a 30 'change yer mind' policy @ vzw? Thats what I'm talkin about! If there were no extra charge, all things being the way they are, would you trade to the DINC, or keep the Moto Droid?

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
WOW! I'm sorta surprised. After only one hour-fifteen minutes, it's 5:1 in favor of the moto droid. I thought it would be much closer. It'll be interesting to see the results in 24 hours!
fish

well, its gone to 11:1 favoring the Mot Droid! folks talk, but that ol' secret ballot gives a different point of view

Last edited:

VolDroid

Reaction score
It's hard for me to answer for you. Personally I would keep my Droid. I like being able to use the external keyboard in emergencies. I like being able to root, overclock and theme it. There are all kinds of things all ready out for the droid which you will have to wait for the incredible. Really it's all in what you want.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it only boils down to two simple question: Do you want a physical keyboard, and do you want a plastic phone? If it's no and yes, there you have it you want an Incredible.

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
I'm
1. no
2. no

I very seldom use the physical keyboard. I dumped my BB Tour, and that kb was very easy to use, but the droid kb is flat, and I'm just better (relative-I hope to improve) on the touch kb.

As far as plastic I don't really like the idea of plastic. In a phone, or anything else. I don't think it stands up as well, unless its a tough polycarbonate. I'm not sure, but I don't think the DInc is polycarb.

And then there is THIS... http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=i6iyTCx7bqL_M5zNbvF5YPA7ZQY0NCW0I know this guy, and his info is true. Sad, but true!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol

Hook, U know good n well the Incredible is more than just a plastic phone...FM Radio, TV Out, higher resolution camera, faster CPU, more internal memory, and we have the LCD vs. Plasma thing going on with the phones.....supposedly the Droid's sharper, Inc's. has better colors.

Now, if u want a a phone with a physical keyboard and big screen, then u have the Droid. If u dont want a physical keyboard, want a big screen & want the other stuff I mentioned above, u have the Inc.

Me, my Droid works great. Its that simple. I get great reception/signal where I need it most: work n home. Its that simple. The Inc's may be worse than the Droids. But to determine that, do real world tests yourself. Dont go by stats n numbers. Even if the Inc's is worse, u might not care about that, like with the screen debate. My last smartphone scared my away from touch only phones. But if the screens are the same or similar, its a wash. I just need a physical keyboard. Its that simple. If u want those other things, or your Droid is getting on your last nerves, then get the Inc.

That being said, I cant even vote. Cuz its a personal preference unless u have a reason to want to switch.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
D
I am gonna hold off. Technology by next year will probably make that incredible look like a razr.
Actually the technology in June is going to make a big splash. Stay tuned.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol

Hook, U know good n well the Incredible is more than just a plastic phone...FM Radio, TV Out, higher resolution camera, faster CPU, And we have the LCD vs. Plasma thing going on with the phones.....supposedly the Droid's sharper, Inc's. has better colors.

Now, if u want a a phone with a physical keyboard and big screen, then u have the Droid. If u dont want a physical keyboard, want a big screen & want the other stuff I mentioned above, u have the Inc.

Me, my Droid works great. Its that simple. I get great reception/signal where I need it most: work n home. Its that simple. The Inc's may be worse than the Droids. But to determine that, do real world tests yourself. Dont go by stats n numbers. Even if the Inc's is worse, u might not care about that, like with the screen debate. My last smartphone scared my away from touch only phones. But if the screens are the same or similar, the physical is a wash. I just need a physical keyboard. Its that simple. If u want those other things, or your Droid is getting on your last nerve, then get the Inc.

That being said, I cant even vote. Cuz its a personal preference unless u have reason to want to switch.

Well, I didn't mean to imply that the Incredible is a plastic toy or anything like that. I know it's suppose to be faster, but I hear reports to the contrary.

Lets put it this way. If I was eligible for an upgrade as of today I might give the Incredible a spin and make a decision on keeping it. I don't use the physical keyboard but I really like the solid feel of the Droid.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was going to too, but the battery and reception threads has me staying with Motorola. I dont even wanna test the reception on the Inc. And this might be my first phone (smartphone or regular cell) that if/when I do switch, I will still use it from time to time.

I never did that unless I lost/broke my phone and was waiting for a replacement.

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
HEY....cut that out......<pant pant pant>

D
I am gonna hold off. Technology by next year will probably make that incredible look like a razr.
Actually the technology in June is going to make a big splash. Stay tuned.

JUNE? WHAT ABOUT JUNE? Don't leave me hanging....at least tell me WHO is gonna be makin the splash, the M Droid, or the D-Inc?

Just jokin'..........kinda! lol.:yeahbaby01:

Don't give away any secrets, but, tell me, if you had a droid, and were still w/in the 30 swap period, would you switch to the INC, or keep the MOTO?

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
DActually the technology in June is going to make a big splash. Stay tuned.

JUNE? WHAT ABOUT JUNE? Don't leave me hanging....at least tell me WHO is gonna be makin the splash, the M Droid, or the D-Inc?

Just jokin'..........kinda! lol.:yeahbaby01:

Don't give away any secrets, but, tell me, if you had a droid, and were still w/in the 30 swap period, would you switch to the INC, or keep the MOTO?
Moto : ) one in june the other in October.

Would i trade my Droid in for an Incredible if I was within 30 days?

Put it this way i have an upgrade on my second line next week and wouldn't use it on the Incredible. People that know me know that i do not like Sense at all. Its too feminine for me : ) too pretty and polished.

Thats the only draw in my opinion. So getting a device with Sense will never be in my future.

Ill be using my upgrade in October : )

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Droid and all the cool stuff I can do (Root, themes, cooked ROMs ect.) but the Incredible will likely catch up soon which will make it, IMHO a easy decision. The Droid is/was my first Moto phone in YEARS and has reminded me why on more than a few occasions... There is a reason (actually several) why Moto went from being the #1 cell phone manufacturer to being all but a joke... My last two phones were HTC smart-phones and they were GREAT!!! As far as the 'plastic' argument it's BS... Unless you plan on throwing your phone or otherwise abusing it the plastic shells (at least on HTC phones) holds up great for any responsible user (and will withstand normal drops and impacts). With these types of phones the screen will break/crack LONG before the cases regardless of material.

Tell you what make the swap and get the HTC and if you're not happy I'll trade you:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:.

iPirate

Reaction score
Quality built phone vs a cheap plastic cookie cutter phone, last cookies made where the N1 :icon_eek: