To Gingerbread Or Not To Gingerbread?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an x as well and it runs fine on gb.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My X runs great on GB. The OTA sucks though.

sent from my ApeX

deathwhitch

Reaction score
The tethering patch works well for me, however I hated stock GB so I switched ASOP Liberty and love it.

@Idopa you might should have said so before now, all your post brag about how well it runs on your droid 2. Makes your post seem pointless and off topic. Just saying

deathwhitch

Reaction score
So far I have no issues with tethering on liberty, have only used it afew times so far though. the issue I am having right now is i can't use the youtube or gmail apps. When i sign into them i get the screen asking for permision to access my google and i hit accept. Soon as I do the phone reboots striaght to the startup animation (no boot logo screen) and works fine, try again same result another reboot :(

chiruscan

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I want to switch to another ROM but it seems like all of them have significant bugs.

deathwhitch

Reaction score
im not sure this problem of mine is a rom related bug, I had flashed it once before and had no issue then tried apex and now back to ASOP liberty v8 and i have this problem. Might be app related im still trying to figure it out

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I spoke too soon about GB behaving itself. More and more troubles started popping up. My clock stopped showing the time' and many apps simply not working. Did a factory reset. Such a pain and it's still no better. Froyo is looking better and better, all the time!
FC's are almost constant !

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I hear that a new GB is due out in a few weeks!

Branski81

Reaction score
I take my words back earlier, my X keeps restarting on me, mainly while listening to music, and the backlight goes off completely, yet you can see the Droid Eye very dimly as if its starting up, then it reboots normally, but this has been pretty constant and pisses me off, minor issue, just happens a little to frequently. Maybe a patch will help this issue.

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I'm desperate to get my DX working again! How do I roll back to Froyo?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf.
I believe there is a tbh file that will do it for you without a pc (its a paid app though)
Or, you can do it the classic way. You'll need the program rsd lite 4.9. Put that on your computer and install (xp or win 7 is what i use) then you'll need the FULL (not system) sbf file for dx. It will be a zip. Extract it to your desktop to find easily. You will also need the updated drivers (get these at motorola.con)
Search youtube for "how to sbf dx" and there should be a great video by droidmodderx to explain the process for ya. If you need anything else, post or pm me. I'll be happy to call you too if you need

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I'm really torn as to what I should do. I hear that the new GB update is around the corner. In the mean time I can't make up my mind whether to wait it out, or go back to Froyo. Ahhh!