longpress on 20userinit and choose "open in text editor"

add this line to the bottom of the file (skip a line after the last command):

/system/bin/compcache start

Last edited:
OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
This is for the D1 by the way. Not sure how it works on other devices.

You can check the status of compcache by typing "compcache stats" without the quotes in the terminal emulator. If it gives you stats, it is on, if it gets an error, it is off. You can also check in SetCPU under info. The items that start with "Swap" will have numbers associated with them if compcache is on, or will be zero if it is off.

jbrock98

Reaction score
Now does the stock kernel support compcache? Because its not working, I found that file and added it where its the last line in the file I hit menu then save & exit, it made a backup I think it said & the same file name was next to it but had .bak on the end & I deleted it, then check stats I got the error then rebooted & still got error,

Edit:
says failed to open dev/block/ramzswap0 or sumthing

Sent from my Droid

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
I thought the stock kernel was a Slayher kernel so it should work, but if not, you would need a compcache enabled kernel like the ones by Slayher. They are available on ROM Manager under Slayher, or at this website:

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

jbrock98

Reaction score
Yeah I think bd changed from slayer being stock kernel b/c 2.0.0 naked is oc'd only at 0.8ghz & in about phone section kernel says sapphire......

Sent from my Droid

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Did you get it working after loading a slayher kernel?

Sent from my Motorola Droid

jbrock98

Reaction score
Did you get it working after loading a slayher kernel?

Sent from my Motorola Droid

Yes sir its working, thanks for the tip I dunno how much compcache actually works or improves how well my phone runs but as long as it doesn't slow it down its worth trying....I wonder y BD took enable compcache out of UD settings

Sent from my Droid

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
I've noticed a pretty big improvement using compcache. The only drawback is that you have to reboot every day or two or you will start experience lag and slowdowns because all the swap will be used up.

BD does have the option there for compcache, but it is set up the same way as CyanogenMod 6.1 RC3, where you have to manually type in the command to start, or add that line to the init file to get it to start every time. It is a bug that will get ironed out eventually I'm sure.

If you ever get sick of compcache, just go back to that file and delete the line you added.

jimmy2179428

Reaction score
ok, I think I got it... When I check in SetCPU it shows numbers after Swap, but when I go to terminal emulator it give me an error when I type in, "compcache stats." Any ideas?

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
ok, I think I got it... When I check in SetCPU it shows numbers after Swap, but when I go to terminal emulator it give me an error when I type in, "compcache stats." Any ideas?

type in "su" and press enter before you type in "compcache stats"

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Haha no worries. You should notice a nice improvement.

Oh, and I'm a guy.

OSX2000

Reaction score
Ummm, not exactly an error, but when I typed in "compcache stats" (after allowing su), my Droid replied with:

Code:
stats: Not a typewriter
:blink:

EDIT: Scratch that, after a reboot, all is well, and I'm actually getting proper stats.

Last edited:

jbrock98

Reaction score
Ummm, not exactly an error, but when I typed in "compcache stats" (after allowing su), my Droid replied with:

Code:
stats: Not a typewriter
:blink:

Mine said that before but I didn't do nothing but maybe reboot my phone, because everything works now

Sent from my Droid