To DroidX or Not to DroidX

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by scarrz, Oct 20, 2010.

1. scarrz

scarrz New Member

Ok, I have a quick question I'm hoping some others can chime in.

I currently have a Moto Droid A855 and I actually am up for an early upgrade in mid Nov. 2010. I found a DroidX used for approx. $225. I really think I could unload my droid on ebay or craigslist for $100-150 therefore cutting the cost of the X. If I buy the used X I don't have to get locked into another Verizon contract and can sit back and see what phones will be coming out in 2011.

My options:
    (1) skip the X and do an early upgrade.
    (2) just be patient and keep the moto droid and wait it out.
    (3) Buy the X, wait it out and sell it once I decide to cash in my early upgrade sometime in 2011?

My main reasoning for the X is the bigger screen and more cpu horsepower!

(The seller of the X changed to another droid, seems legit, clean ESN, etc.)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0 New Member

I would just get the X now. Save ur upgrade for a little later....so when a super droid comes out...just sell the X on ebay and get the upgrade discount on that phone.....you'll still get a pretty penny even 6 months from now for the X

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. scarrz

scarrz New Member

Read my mind. Thanks!!

4. onmyway

onmyway Member

One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
    I left my droid at home this weekend and sorta took over my Husbands x in the lulls. I remember thinking at one point maybe I had been harsh on the x saying something along the lines it was more of a toy for u-tube, games and movies. It was nice but I missed one thing...the pull out keyboard. I am not fond of devices that didnt start out with me coming from strangers.....thats my two pennies. Good luck.
  5. scarrz

scarrz New Member

Good point about the strangers aspect. That is one issue, I have gotten burned in the past. I currently have the warranty, etc through Verizon on my original droid.

I actually purchased the droid b/c of the keyboard but have found I rarely ever use it and its starting to get on my nerves when it tries to open some in my pocket (the slide out keyboard). Other than that its a great phone and modded! :)

6. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

While I love my x, I would save your upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App