To case or not to case.......

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a little over a week.

I immediately bought the hard leather case with the kick stand from Verizon. After 3 days, I decided I didn't like it. I bought a $9 deal of ebay, your basic rubber case. I have had it on for a day.....don't like it.

Now the 2 days I didn't have a case on it, I actually liked it.

I am pretty careful with my phones, I have never bought insurance for a phone.....never needed it.

I plan on getting the Motorla powered car mount and possibly the desk station for when I am at work......I can't really use a case with those can I?

So what I am asking you all......do you have a case or is your Droid X naked?

BTW.....I just started my Verizon plan and I do plan on adding insurance to it. $7 is steep IMO but it does give me piece of mind.

MrMorgan

tam5070

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the desk cradle but the car mount has a slide out piece of plastic to accomodate another mm of space or so all around. I've heard that the Verizon rubber cases fit in the car cradle but my eBay case that I got for about 5 bucks is just a little too thick.

I do like the feel of the naked phone, especially the rubberized metal grip feel. Another option is to add the body armor plastic stuff to it. I haven't had experience with that so I'm not sure how it feels in hand but I'm sure it would dock nicely. Theres a free (plus shipping) offer someone else posted in another thread. Motorola Droid X Full Body Protection - Cell Phones

cpinto

Reaction score
I use the hard silicone verizon case and love it. Adds very little thickness, protects it, easy to hold, but is still smooth enough to slide in and out of the pocket.

I put it on in the store, and never took it off. I usually go thru 5 or 6 cases until i find the right one.

Last edited:

Ansextra

Reaction score
I am currently using my DX naked as well. I plan to keep it that way. It is uninhibited.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I have the rubberize case with slide clip from Verizon it stabs my in my fat roll when I sit ;) . Thinking about just going naked since the Media Dock is not adjustable to accept it either. Plus, since I about covet "my precious" I am sure it will be fine.

I do like the little bit of protection a case provides but the inconveniences are mounting.

bobby_v

Reaction score
I've got the clear silicone case on my D2 and really like it. The desktop cradle has a piece that you pop out to make the small usb connection longer to fit the case so you can use it with or without.

I just want something to protect my phone and that isn't too bulky and will slip in and out of my pocket easy. The hard silicone case fits this perfectly IMO.

JAB 67

Reaction score
Hey BobbyV - I too have the silicone case but the Verizon rep said that the desk dock would not fit with the case on. You're telling us otherwise?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey BobbyV - I too have the silicone case but the Verizon rep said that the desk dock would not fit with the case on. You're telling us otherwise?

Car Cradle = Yes - Media Cradle with HDMI = NO

bobby_v

Reaction score

Car Cradle = Yes - Media Cradle with HDMI = NO

I'm saying that the media cradle for the droid 2 works with a case. I forgot about the droid x's HDMI out.

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
Yes I have the rubberize case with slide clip from Verizon it stabs my in my fat roll when I sit ;) .

I have the verizon case/holster combo and hate how the clip stabs me in the gut as well... so I turned the holster upside down when I clip it on my belt and that has solved the problem for me. I do keep the phone in the horizontal position (as opposed to straight up and down) and the holster swivels just enough to allow that.