To buy or not to buy the Razr

Ansa82

Reaction score
I've not heard of any issues with razr screen. I've had my razr since November.....love it! Best phone I've ever owned!

UOTE=dafuq;2008489]First off, hello to everyone!

I am considering buying the Motorola Razr and I want you thoughts and opinions about the phone. I have previously owned: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000), ZTE Blade and HTC Desire Z. All of them had horrible built quality so I am looking for a decent phone with high built quality. Unfortunatley I was browsing through the web and found this thread Motorola RAZR screen issues w/ pic - xda-developers and I couldn't help but reconsidering my choice. Is that true? How many people have problem with the screen? A common problem? Let me first of all tell you that I own a Motorola Xoom - awesome tablet, running ICS rom (ofc unlocked bootloader) i've heard that the Razr do not have unlocked bootloader (but I also heard rumours that the EU version does indeed have unlocked bootloader, can anyone clarify this?)

And I just read this Motorola VP Says Hardware Is The Reason For Android 4.0 Upgrade Delay To Its Devices | TalkAndroid.com

And it doesn't look good, not at all :( I thought and hoped that ICS would be out due to this month but it doesn't seem like it.

So what is YOUR thoughts about this phone? Pros and cons. They have a special offer here where I live for 475€ (633$) without contract. Is that price justified for this phone?

Please shed some light!

Yours Sincerely,

dafuq.[/QUOTE]

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
OK. If you have any questions about the toughness of the phone, I just slammed it in my car door....twice. its a 93 Explorer with steel doors. The screen protector prevented the screen from getting scratched, but the phone held up with no cracks or dings! Not kidding this was 10 mins ago!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

How did you slam your phone in you car door?? LOL Seriously I am trying to visualize how this could happen.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
I told you with a case the phone is really tough ^…^

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

aktrazer

Reaction score
Haha. I had it in my left pocket (sweats, have the flu, needed NyQuil). Slipped out and somehow stuck itself in the door jam. Slammed it not once, but twice. Still looks as good as the day I got it.

I actually went out and fought crime last night, I call the phone my "trusty staff of correction" :)

OP
D

dafuq

Reaction score
Hello again

I am aware that the decision is up to me but I wanted to hear some opinions. I will review them and go back to the store to try out the phone one more time before I decide. Thanks