To Beat Apple.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Blech religion. I am agnostic. Off topic. Do you have to be a minimum age to qualify as a curmudgeon? :)

Sorry, but regardless of what you call yourself you demonstrate a considerable number of characteristics of someone with an evangelical attitude. Might try googling "Eric Hoffer."

mrdroid

Reaction score
Aren't Android devices already outselling iPhones?
The iPhone 4 is barely an upgrade. Continue down this road for 3-5 years and Android devices will have completely switched place with iPhone in every aspect.

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
If android is to past the iphone os it needs to take over a few iphones and have them running the android os at decent speeds.
I'm not sure I understand your line of thought. Why do you think running Android on iPhone hardware is what will convert the masses? Do you think they're unhappy with the iPhone OS but love the hardware?

Not really that but to give them a chance to use android and see what it can do without buying a new device.

I used to be a iphone ****head quick to say no phome in the world could top the iphone. Then I met " The Droid" and on this very day I changed cell phone companys in the verzion store that day. Android ate me as you cam see how I illustrated that in my first post with the image I posted.

Reaction score
Just a matter of time. Google has a great product in Android. There is room for both, but with Apple not opening up their market to Verizon/Sprint, they are just hurting themselves.

Android is doing amazingly well for the short time frame it's been around.

Agreed, unfortunately Android will never catch up to Apple in terms of the app store.

:rofl3: ok?!!.........

I wouldn't say never catch up, but it will take a lot of time. Apples huge market share ensures that most apps will be written on their platform first. Because of the change to apples app store license, which prevents authors from using a program to recode an app to a new platform, apps have to be rewritten to be ported over. This makes it tough to make a program for the larger market and then port it to the smaller one. Sometimes even a waste of time. We still don't even have the espn app, although it has been rumored to be coming.

One of the biggest sectors of apps that we will miss out on for now is apps that coincide with a product. For example, Viper Security makes a car alarm app that lets you control your car alarm from an iPhone. Theres a ton of these awesome apps that will always be on the iphone and never see the light of day on android.

Don't make fun of the apple fart machines, we have our fair share of junk apps. Just click the "Just In" tab and look for yourself :(

When it comes to making an app it's not about which phone is the better device or which OS is slicker, but rather which one will provide the biggest return on your investment.

dos

Reaction score
It's funny reading some of the threads the past few days on Apple and Google since the iPhone 4 was launched. There are just as many Android fanboys as Google fanboys. My husband has a iPhone, and me a Droid. We both love our phones for what they do, and work them hard for work, but at the end of the day they are just phones, and both have their pros and cons. Competition breads innovation, and that's what we are seeing today.

I would say the majority of iphone uses could care less about "being censored". I joke with my husband and he says he can get 90 percent of what he wants on his phone and is 100 percent happy with his phone. Would he like flash, sure, but with out the bugginess, videos playing like slideshows, and lockups. He is interested in the EVO and Incredible, but can not deal with the short battery life because working as a sales rep in hospital OR's he will not have the chance to charge his phone most times mid-day, so now he is looking at the iphone 4. Me, I am 100 percent happy with my Droid, I am not the type to run out and upgrade every time something new comes out and drop $500 plus dollars for "the next best"

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny reading some of the threads the past few days on Apple and Google since the iPhone 4 was launched. There are just as many Android fanboys as Google fanboys. My husband has a iPhone, and me a Droid. We both love our phones for what they do, and work them hard for work, but at the end of the day they are just phones, and both have their pros and cons. Competition breads innovation, and that's what we are seeing today.

I would say the majority of iphone uses could care less about "being censored". I joke with my husband and he says he can get 90 percent of what he wants on his phone and is 100 percent happy with his phone. Would he like flash, sure, but with out the bugginess, videos playing like slideshows, and lockups. He is interested in the EVO and Incredible, but can not deal with the short battery life because working as a sales rep in hospital OR's he will not have the chance to charge his phone most times mid-day, so now he is looking at the iphone 4. Me, I am 100 percent happy with my Droid, I am not the type to run out and upgrade every time something new comes out and drop $500 plus dollars for "the next best"

Sounds like there are two grown-ups in your household. :)

Darkseider

Reaction score

Sounds like there are two grown-ups in your household. :)

Just one. The one with the Droid :icon_eek:dancedroiddancedroid Couldn't help myself. :) See folks. This is what happens when you go through stack traces all day.