TitaniumBackup & ROM Manager doesn't work on Galaxy Nexus??

tmc

Reaction score
For Titanium, I had no luck restoring apps. I had to install apps from the market, then used Titanium to restore data. That worked great.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've successfully backed up apps with Titanium, but if we're having difficulties restoring then maybe I'll hold the factory reset til another time....

pool_shark

Reaction score
I used TB to restore all of my apps along with their settings.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I am having issues freezing apps with ICS. Titanium tells me the app is frozen and is disabled from the app drawer, but it is still there and is still active. Everything else works with Titanium, and I have had no issues with ROM manager.

Is anyone else having issues freezing apps on their galaxy nexus?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they are able to freeze apps, just like on previous versions of Android?

I know that Titanium is 'fully supported,' but I can't freeze any apps at all.

prowler85

Reaction score
I too had no problem restoring apps (most of them) us TB. One of the first things I did. Didn' do a batch restore though - went thru one at a time and picked the ones I wanted. 99% of them restored fine - a few of them locked it up, but primarily ones I've found out that don't play well with ICS (NFL mobile and some of the MOTO apps such as Motoprint, which I didn't think would work but worth a try).

androg

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they are able to freeze apps, just like on previous versions of Android?

I know that Titanium is 'fully supported,' but I can't freeze any apps at all.

I have the very same problem. Everything but freezing works as always.

Reinstalled TB, update TB, upgraded binaries in SU--the whole package. Still no freezing.

Even reset SU permissions through Adb as per TB wiki. Nada.

This is the Galaxy Nexus LTE (Verizon)

Reaction score
I have the very same problem. Everything but freezing works as always.

Reinstalled TB, update TB, upgraded binaries in SU--the whole package. Still no freezing.

Even reset SU permissions through Adb as per TB wiki. Nada.

This is the Galaxy Nexus LTE (Verizon)

This isn't a moto locked boot loader device. So you could either disable the apps you don't want with ics or just uninstall them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
2 things....

1. I know its possible cause rom manager works fine for me.

2. Long time no see buddy!

Hey Dude! Moved over to a Nexus, huh! As to Rom Manager and the Nexus I remember what one of the Rescue Squad guys over on Galaxy Forums told me - he said that Samsung phones do *not* play well with Rom Manager. Taking him at his word, I do not have Rom Manager on my AT&T SGS2, although I have CWM Recovery installed. No problems either, so I'd exercise care with the installation of RM when I finally get a GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus in the spring.

Good to see you again Xkape!

-Mike

cjriddle22

Reaction score
This isn't a moto locked boot loader device. So you could either disable the apps you don't want with ics or just uninstall them...

Correct, but you can only disable the system apps within ICS. Some of the apps are paid apps and I didn't feel comfortable just uninstalling them (I know they are tied to my market account, but sometimes all of the apps do not auto restore after a wipe). I have found a workaround that satisfies me for the time being, just make a backup and uninstall, then re-install from within Titanium when I want it back.

I am having a hard time letting go of the past!!!

clueless77

Reaction score
I think I saw last night that ROM manager was now compatible with GNEX. I may be mistaken.

BAD ASS X

Last edited:

prowler85

Reaction score
Both ROM Manager and TB are working fine. Haven't downloaded a ROM yet but I installed CWM from ROM Manager no problem, and the downloadable roms are showing up fine. It also did a backup no problem.

As far as TB, like I said, there are some apps that just sit there and won't re-install, but they were VZ bloatware on my Bionic so they may not work anyway. Freeze worked, though it did not remove the icon from the app drawer. When you select the icon in the app drawer it does come up with "App not installed", so I had to manually remove the icons from my app drawer, but at least they are frozen.

I haven't had any issues with ROM Manager or TB really, so there must be something else going on.