1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by liquidzoo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

Hope this is the right place...I never know where to put some threads, but since it's related to hacking...

Does anyone know, if you backup just the green items and the white (user programs) items in Titanium Backup, then wipe data; when you restore will it also restore any additional email settings you have? I know it will restore sms/mms and their settings, but I'm really curious about email accounts.
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

Titanium restore apps and data. But mainly setting and info. If you have texts those will be wiped as well. It mainly is to keep you from having to reconfigure all your apps again (ie for handcent I have diff pics and notification for each person, if i wipe or flash a new rom I would either have to spend 20 mins redoing the settings or use titanium and restore data". Also if you use both astro and titanium you can restore apps and data while saving space on your phones internal memory.
    You do this by backing up all apps with both astro and titanium. Then when its time to restore you go to astro to restore apps (your apps will be restored but now saved on your sdcard instead of phones internal memory). Then you go to titanium and just restore data only.
    You must be rooted to use them though.
  3. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

If you back up the selection called [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.1-update1 (on my phone) that is green in Titanium Backup, it will back up all of your SMS messages as well, not just the settings.

I'm not worried about space, just wondering if the method I outlined above (not backing up any of the red items) will restore email accounts so I don't have to reconfigure them, or if I have to back up one or more of the red items as well. Their web page is not clear on this, it only says that backing up and restoring everything is not recommended if you're changing to a drastically different ROM.
  4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

Ok I have not tried to back up that particular setting. But if that is what it says then it probably does. I know when I had helixlauncher 1 backed up it restored everything on my home screens. So it maye back them up.
Search tags for this page
apn restore titanium backup
back up apn on titanium
hacking viber messages
how to backup sms mms apn titanium backup
how to use titanium backup backup access point names
restore apn data using titanium
smså’Œmms,apn
titanium backup
titanium backup and apn

titanium backup apn

titanium backup apn settings