Titanium Backup works when updating ROM to Froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by yusky03, Jun 28, 2010.

1. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I am about to update to Froyo now that it is stable but I really don't want to open notepad and start going down the very log list of apps I want to re-install when I update to Froyo. So from my Googling I get the general idea that Titanium Backup is the best backup program for Android. Now to my question. Can I use Titanium Backup to backup my apps or at least there 'apk's so I can easily re-install them when I am on Froyo?

2. ILL2DEF

ILL2DEF New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Titanium will work. It's the best backup app out there. plus it backups all your system settings too!!dancedroid

3. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah he is right, if you change Roms at all its worth getting Titanium. It will save you alot of time....and data.

4. ILL2DEF

ILL2DEF New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use this app on a daily, almost hourly basis. Just make sure you spring for the license too, that gives you faster backup and restore plus a few more options that make changing ROMs a LOT easier. Most definitely worth it!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

5. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for multiple conformations. This should help others that see this too.

6. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    ILL2DEF, this may be a dumb one but, i also use Titanium often, but when you do a batch restore, is there anyway to automate this to where it does not prompt you on every app. its no big deal just a little time consuming...

7. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah ^That^...

8. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    In the paid version you can without confirmation on each app. Not sure if that still works on froyo.

9. trumpet444

trumpet444 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its still works on froyo, and its awesome. And yes, you should go for the paid license. Its very aggravating to tap for every app you want to install. He sends you the license via email, sometimes instantly.

The thing is that after you wipe data and "install" a froyo rom and you sign in w/your google account, the froyo version of the market will attempt to download everything you have linked to your google account, and will take all day to do it. Seriously, depending on how many apps you have, this really can take an entire day.

What I do is skip signing in at first when you first boot your phone up. Then open market, sign in, download and install titanium, close market and turn off the sync with your google account so the market doesnt try to download everything. If you have the license for the paid version on your sd card it will still recognize it. Open titanium and batch restore everything. Then sign in/re-sync your google account. Everything should be installed/restored with titanium so the market wont try to download everything now and slow the crap out of your phone

Search tags for this page
como usar o titanium backup no froyo
download titanium backup for froyo
froyo titanium

titanium back up for froyo

titanium back up untuk froyo

titanium backup for froyo

titanium froyo
titaniun backup froyo