1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Titanium Backup Users Guide

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hogowner, Apr 3, 2011.

1. hogowner

hogowner New Member

I found this to be EXTREMELY INFORMATIVE..If you have Titanium Backup here is a user's guide....

TB - User's guide : Titanium Backup - Wiki_

This could be a GREAT STICKY :)

Sorry if it is already posted somewhere
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You're right. I did just sticky this because Titanium Backup is a great program and not particularly user friendly until you sort of figure it out on your own. This will take the guesswork out of it now.

As for your ride - hope you got to do some this weekend. Was only in the low 50s here but I went out for a couple of hours. I also watched your video with your Vance and Hines - did that make your bike any louder? My Vulcan 1600 is semi loud but I am a firm believer that "loud pipes save lives". Maybe what you have is the way to go.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

4. clarkstrange

clarkstrange New Member

That was sweet. Told me exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

Sent from my Liberated Droid X
  5. dark juggalo

dark juggalo New Member

Being new to rooting I found this very helpfull.
  6. pego99

pego99 New Member

Is the pro version needed to do a full backup and restore?
  7. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

No, but I highly recommend you get the paid version it's worth it. In the free version you have to manually restore each app. Did that once and sprang for the paid version. TIBU restoring the apps automatically, after hitting the restore button is worth it. Also, the paid version has other functionality, such as, the ability to freeze bloatware.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. epinezoid

epinezoid New Member

Such a huge pain. Definitely get the full version
  9. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

I sent you a PM. Please check ur inbox
  10. Big Fish

Big Fish New Member

Thanks for the link. Now, I need to really play around with this app.
  11. odinmay

odinmay New Member

Good Link, Helped me a lot, thanks man :)
  12. collegerx

collegerx New Member

Titanium BU Questions

Im glad I found this post and figured I could get the details I need on this forum. I am rooted but not all that technical so my question may seem basic. I have Titanium BU Pro on Motorola Bionic and have run an update zip back up. I am going to get a new phone (either Razr Maxx or Galaxy)that has Gingerbread (right now on my Bionic I have ICS). Will the difference in OS cause some of the settings in the backed-up system/user apps to not restore?

Next question is;
    Once I set up my Google account on the new phone, the contacts and apps populate. So I will then go into Titanium BU and "restore" the update zip. Is this correct? Or do I somehow run the update zip from the sdcard before setting up Google (not sure this is even posible-just asking)?

Next question;
    Could you let me know if the apps and contacts get updated twice because Google installs them and then so does Titanium; I presume they wont but looking for assurance. If they do, how do i prevent Google from populating my apps and contacts before TBU does it? I read once there was some setting in Google or the phone to stop this (maybe a market setting). Again this might not be necessary but just checking.

Thanks everyone for any insight you can shed.
  13. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

The difference in OS may have a negative/incompatible affect on installing from TiBU. I recommend installing apps fresh from the play store. That ensures a clean install. Generally, I only use TiBU to have the ability to install previous versions of an app (because the current upgraded version has bugs).

You also will have to root your new phone before you can use TiBU to restore your apps.

I've would recommend that if you use TiBU to restore apps & settings to restore one at a time. That way you have better chance of discovering what may cause problems.

Here is a post I wrote a while ago on backup & restoring that may be helpful. One word of caution is to make sure you have your backups saved to your external card or to your pc.

As a guide for ideas when backing up and restoring before doing an fdr see: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums
  14. collegerx

collegerx New Member

Thanks. Excellent advice. I read your post too.

Could you explain if there is a way to prevent Google from automatically loading apps? In my apps if I uncheck the account then would that do it? Can that be done without removing my Gmail account from the phone settings so that the phone functions even if market is unable to work/apps aren't loaded yet?

Should I root the phone before or after apps load?

If I do load some apps with TiBU there would not be redundancy by the market, correct? Or do I need to do something to ensure no redundant downloads.

I'm new and this is my second post so thanks for your experience.
  15. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

You are welcome. Glad it helped. For your other questions (very good ones)...

First question: yes, you can keep your apps from automatically installing which is what I do because I like to install one at a time. First, in play store settings, uncheck “Auto-update apps." Second, and more important, go into the phone settings, then privacy and uncheck “Back up my data" (I keep this checked until I do a factory reset or activating a new phone. Then I uncheck it. That way my data gets backed up but doesn't automatically restore when setting up my phone).

Also, if after you activate your phone and you see that apps are automatically installing, go into play store, then "My apps" and select stop.

Next question... I don't think it will matter a whole lot if you root your phone first or wait till your apps load.

Last question... if you do install some or any apps using TiBU (or any other backup program) it won't duplicate. If an app is already installed, it will replace that installation so you will be fine.

And welcome to the forum. We are a great place with lots of great people who are super helpful.

16. collegerx

collegerx New Member

Awesome! Thanks for taking the the time. Much appreciated.
  17. collegerx

collegerx New Member

Btw.. I just looked and I don't have auto update checked. In phone settings I do have data backup checked. I'm good with this. But what do TiBU or My Backup do that this doesn't. Is this setting only triggering some system app data?
  18. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

TiBU, my Backup & sms Backup will save call logs, text msgs and some settings that the phone setting backup doesn't... call logs and text msgs are probably the biggest difference between them.

19. collegerx

collegerx New Member

tibu issue

Well I have the razrmax hd rooted and updated to JB and after restoring some apps from the market i wanted to restore just app data with tibu. Problem is that I cant get to the backup sets. Turns out I had everything backed up to my bionic internal storage (confusing when android calls intrnal storage "sd card" and I didnt know there was also "external sd". So needless to say it isnt in the external card in the razr. So I used my pc to move the files from the internalon bionic and wanted to get them to the new phone. For some reason the tibu folder wont copy over.but the update zip file that tibu generated is available b/c it isnt in the tibu folder

As a last resort I figured I could use the tibu update zip file but even though I could copy it over to the new phone I do not know how to extract or restore it.

Without the back up files on the razr I see no data backups in titanium app to restore.

Ultimately Id like to restore all apps from the market and use the zip to restore data and settings. Kind if stuck now.

Is this someting you can help with?
  20. lacosteIII

lacosteIII New Member

Titanium backup is one of d best apps i have used of recent...cool app and thanks for the guide
Search tags for this page
bloatware melter

how to use titanium backup

titanium backup bloatware melter

titanium backup manual

titanium backup manual pdf
titanium backup pdf
titanium backup pro guide
titanium backup pro instructions
titanium backup pro manual

titanium backup pro tutorial

titanium backup pro user guide