Titanium Backup ?s for the Pros....

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have read that it's really not a good idea to backup sys apps, is this true? I read on the website that it can be bad to restore sys apps with TB over a new ROM, true? Doing a sys app backup really only saves your settings for that app correct? Since all system apps are included in ROMs anyway this would really only save you alittle time when switching ROMs, true? Does anyone use the scheduled backup options in the recent upgrade? Thanks for the info and any recommendations!!

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bump for comments and opinions, thanks!

supr2nr

Reaction score
I would not recommend restoring system apps with Titanium if your switching between ROMS. If your reinstalling the same ROM it would be perfectly okay. A lot of system apps are modified with each rom so if you restore a backup from one rom you will overwrite and cause issues with some things with your new ROM.

Also a lot of roms are all based on different system bases.

I just set mine up to only back up user apps and data and then there is no issue on restoring if I switch roms.

Reaction score
I backup and restore all my system apps with TB and I have never had an issue I switch Roms very often and using TB saves alot of my time. If you have problems hey what are Nandroids for.