Titanium Backup Question

Big Fate

Reaction score
Hey would Titanium work thru a third party after a flash? Or do you have to use it thru the market?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey would Titanium work thru a third party after a flash? Or do you have to use it thru the market?

I use the paid version on my phone and I'm ROM'd and Theme'd.

What's weird is it updates through the Market and everything but dosen't show up in there like everything else. It doesn't show "purchased." But I get all updates and it works flawlessly for me.

Edit: When I open Market and select "my downloads" it's there. But if I'm searching through "all apps" it doesn't show up as purchased, and I am. Other apps I have bought show up as purchased when I'm browsing.

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score

I use the paid version on my phone and I'm ROM'd and Theme'd.

What's weird is it updates through the Market and everything but dosen't show up in there like everything else. It doesn't show "purchased." But I get all updates and it works flawlessly for me.

So what happens when you flash a new rom? Does it show up in your apps drawer? Or do you have to redownload thru market?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should download automatically. I have mine moved to SD card anyway. I did have to re apply the Titanium BU txt file for proof of purchase on the paid version.

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Sounds like you can't squeeze around thru a third party then, most likely have to purchase. So to save all my data do I just freeze or backup thru titanium?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you can't squeeze around thru a third party then, most likely have to purchase. So to save all my data do I just freeze or backup thru titanium?

Oh, I see what your initial question was now, lol. Sorry, I'm out of it today.

No, I don't think third party will work, but I've been wrong before.

To save all data on apps you can backup through TBU. You can only freeze apps on the paid version. And that's just for freezing apps you don't want running in the background slowing your phone down.

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score

Oh, I see what your initial question was now, lol. Sorry, I'm out of it today.

No, I don't think third party will work, but I've been wrong before.

To save all data on apps you can backup through TBU. You can only freeze apps on the paid version. And that's just for freezing apps you don't want running in the background slowing your phone down.

Now were on the right page.. lol

Ok thats what I thought... I'm having a lil trouble right now getting that app since its international, but I might just grab a 10 dollar visa card from walmart right now... I need that app.

So from what im assuming is titanium free app you can only backup one app at a time, and the paid you can backup all at once?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes paid allows backup of all user and system apps as well as the ability to freeze bloat. Ensure chuck norris mode is on to keep frozen apps out of the app drawer