Titanium Backup question/problem

hobby31

Reaction score
I just downloaded and tried this app today as I've been flashing different ROMS. I used it while running my favorite rom which had all my apps on it and then installed a different rom I wanted to try and tried a restore but I keep getting the error message:

Parse Error
There is a problem parsing the package.

Anybody know what that means?

Thanks in advance...

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I am trying out the Froyo release, and have a nandroid backup of my previous state (stock 2.1 rooted). I used Titanium Backup on EVERYTHING, and then installed Froyo, but now I can't restore any apps or data.

When I go to restore an app, I get the same error about parsing.

When I go to restore the data alone on an installed app, the app in question will Force Close immediately upon opening.

Any ideas? This would help switching roms be a LOT easier for those of us with these issues...

Luxferro

Reaction score
I am trying out the Froyo release, and have a nandroid backup of my previous state (stock 2.1 rooted). I used Titanium Backup on EVERYTHING, and then installed Froyo, but now I can't restore any apps or data.

When I go to restore an app, I get the same error about parsing.

When I go to restore the data alone on an installed app, the app in question will Force Close immediately upon opening.

Any ideas? This would help switching roms be a LOT easier for those of us with these issues...

you need busybox for titanium to work. the froyo build that came out the other day doesn't have it. google how to install it manually.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
you need busybox for titanium to work. the froyo build that came out the other day doesn't have it. google how to install it manually.

There's a thread on here that talks about how to root, install busybox, etc.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html

I followed the instructions (using another busybox binary I found)... When I did so, though, I didn't get an error but got 'busybox couldn't find this command, couldn't find that command' at the "busybox --install ." part of this.

Code:
[B]BusyBox[/B]
[B]download busybox binary to your adb  tools directory[/B]
[URL]http://www.alldroid.org/download/file.php?id=709[/URL]
[B]cd to your adb tools directory[/B]
adb push busybox /data/local/busybox
adb shell
su
cd /data/local
chmod 755 busybox
./busybox
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mkdir /system/xbin
/data/local/busybox cp /data/local/busybox /system/xbin
/data/local/busybox cp /data/local/busybox /system/bin
cd /system/xbin
busybox --install .
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync
reboot

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Installing the busybox that's included with Titanium Backup and then backing up all of the apps using LZO compression did the trick.

him

Reaction score
that or the blackdroid version of froyo has it done automatically.