Titanium backup pro

Skunkstripe

Reaction score
Ok got root finally. Samsung rugby pro Downloaded titanium backup pro. Under the backup and restore part of titanium backup some of the apps are highlighted in purple. It looks like these apps are blotware. Just trying to go slow and not jack up my phone. Oh i have done a complete back up of the phone. Im trying to get rid of the blotware to make room on my phone. Any help would be appreciated in getting rid of the blotware. Thanks again for any help.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you are planning on flashing a custom ROM, the Dev's usually remove all the bloat.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Take a screen shot, purple is confusing me. Red are system apps (be very careful with those.) Yellow are xml files and white/green are usually user apps.

Never back up and restore system apps between Android versions. Read the titanium backup faq in preferences. It's very helpful.

Sent from my Moto X DE

dasanman69

Reaction score
Ok got root finally. Samsung rugby pro Downloaded titanium backup pro. Under the backup and restore part of titanium backup some of the apps are highlighted in purple. It looks like these apps are blotware. Just trying to go slow and not jack up my phone. Oh i have done a complete back up of the phone. Im trying to get rid of the blotware to make room on my phone. Any help would be appreciated in getting rid of the blotware. Thanks again for any help.

I would try freezing them first, and see how it effects your system. If everything seems alright then remove them but have a backup that you can reinstall if needed. I read too many times on here of people looking for a app that they removed.

OP
S

Skunkstripe

Reaction score
Got a screen shot but can't figure out how to attach. Anyway someone else has posted a shot with the purple. I have apps like kindle and at&t stuffhhighlighted in purple. I haven'tfrozen aanything but the Samsung keyboard so i can use SwiftKey. Thanks for your help.

OP
S

Skunkstripe

Reaction score
Think I figured it out. Before i was able to get root i went in and disabled the apps that are in purple. Titanium backup is seeing them as frozen. Thanks everyone for your help.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't bank on it, but I'm pretty sure Backup Assistant is a VZW app (I've never seen any purple apps on my phone). Those stupid apps always gave me trouble and were trying to run (I assume VZW has fixed it by now).