Titanium Backup... just want to make sure I'm doing this right...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
On old phone...

Backup all user apps + system data... this will create a backup on the SD card I presume.

On new phone...

Insert SD RAM Card
Walk through steps to activate phone
Root Phone
Download Titanium Backup
Restore Missing apps + all system data

Assuming that's accurate... won't the phone try to install all my apps once I begin the activation process?

Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On old phone...

Backup all user apps + system data... this will create a backup on the SD card I presume.

On new phone...

Insert SD RAM Card
Walk through steps to activate phone
Root Phone
Download Titanium Backup
Restore Missing apps + all system data

Assuming that's accurate... won't the phone try to install all my apps once I begin the activation process?

Thanks.

I've been flashing roms on my new Bionic almost daily and I've been doing a complete wipe each time. So, I start off with no apps and Google has been reloading 99% of my apps each time. In the past it would only install my paid apps. But now it's getting even the free apps. I feel you get a cleaner reinstall if you let the market do it rather than doing a Titanium restore. YMMV!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been flashing roms on my new Bionic almost daily and I've been doing a complete wipe each time. So, I start off with no apps and Google has been reloading 99% of my apps each time. In the past it would only install my paid apps. But now it's getting even the free apps. I feel you get a cleaner reinstall if you let the market do it rather than doing a Titanium restore. YMMV!

How many roms are there? I just know of Liberty and The3ory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How many roms are there? I just know of Liberty and The3ory.

Th3ory has two main ones and he produces updates every day or so. That leads me to flash a new rom every day or so. I go to which ever rom has the newest update. The two roms are the same except on is D3Blurr3d and the other has some blur still in it. The blur doesn't bother me so I just go back and forth.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Th3ory has two main ones and he produces updates every day or so. That leads me to flash a new rom every day or so. I go to which ever rom has the newest update. The two roms are the same except on is D3Blurr3d and the other has some blur still in it. The blur doesn't bother me so I just go back and forth.

Ok, thanks, so its like cm nightlies on the D1?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, so its like cm nightlies on the D1?

Pretty close. It seems he is going no more than two days without updating one of the two. His work is good too. I've had virtually no problems.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty close. It seems he is going no more than two days without updating one of the two. His work is good too. I've had virtually no problems.

That's good, I plan on flashing roms by the end of the week.

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
So, do I need Titanium at all for this process? App settings? Thanks again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, do I need Titanium at all for this process? App settings? Thanks again.

I have Titanium Backup and use it to create backups, but I do not use it to restore data. That's just a personal preference and so I can't offer you much direction there. I have used Titanium to freeze and unfreeze apps and when I didn't like the theme on the Gmail app in a rom I loaded, I used Titanium to convert the Gmail app to a "user app". That allowed me to delete it and then install the current version from the market. So, Titanium can be a useful app, but I don't use it for restores normally. I have always thought I would use it to restore an app that is malfunctioning, but I always end up just deleting the app and reinstalling it from the market.

Good luck.