titanium backup insight.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
can someone tell me how it works from an advanced point of view? I know that it backs up the application and data, but say you backed up an app only on like, apex or something, then you restored that exact same file onto rubix, gummyjar, liberty, LexLite, ultimatedroid, tranquility and etc, is any extra code being left out or added that would bother the performance or would it be equivalent to downloading from the market and would it run the way it should? out of paranoia I've been redownloading like 40 apps per rom switch which I've done at least ten times in the past two days and it's slightly getting annoying, I would just rather be annoyed at first than lose performance later.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
You should not have to download any apps when you switch Roms. It is fully automatic. Your contacts and apps are automatic.

Your settings are not correct.

I've loaded countless Roms and never once had to re download my apps.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To my knowledge titanium doesn't leave anything out of user apps so you're fine to use it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
You should not have to download any apps when you switch Roms. It is fully automatic. Your contacts and apps are automatic.

Your settings are not correct.

they automatically redownload, I purposely kill the market app and clear data so it doesn't. I'm too impatient to wait for them all to fight for 3g at the same time as well as too impatient to uninstall the apps it installed that I haven't downloaded in months but google still remembers. but it wasn't the point was asking about titanium :(, it'd be much more convenient if it worked the way I think it does, but id like to know first to make the decision easier and to possibly purchase the full version.

MrKleen

Reaction score
When you delete an app it is remembered and no longer automatically downloaded in the future.

But if you like to overcomplicate things its up to you. :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not all that complicated and its a lot faster than the market does it. Plus its a security measure.

tappin and a talkin

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok.. :) regardless, Titanium is a good app.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
When you delete an app it is remembered and no longer automatically downloaded in the future.

But if you like to overcomplicate things its up to you. :)

that obviously doesn't work properly since I've deleted them several times, some of these apps don't restore on some restores and on others they do, so I got tired of it and began deleting market info, I didn't mean to upset you.