1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Titanium Backup, how does it work?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by sonicfreak360, Oct 5, 2010.

1. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Today, I used titanium backup to backup an app that had a "market link". In other words, an app that was downloaded from the market, not from alternative sites on the interwebz.

I looked at the backup files that TB had created, and they were in .tar.gz files, a zip-like file. I look inside to find apk, and its right there. I look in the other .tar.gz file, and there a folder called "data" that has another folder called "data" as well. Inside, there is a data file, found in the data/data folder on your phone.

But what really caught my eye was a file that was labeled .config. I'm guessing it was the market link file? CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM ME ON THAT? If you open it up with notepad, IT IS TEXT, so you can probably modify it?

-so does anyone know how titanium backup uses these files? And is the .config file the "market link"???????????????
Search tags for this page
backup does titanium
does titanium backup work with motorola phones

how does titanium backup work

how does titanium backup work android
how does titanium backup works?
how titanium backup works
how+does+titanium+backup work
ti backup work
titanium backup where does it store files
titanium backups only saved gz files
where does android titanium backup store files