Titanium Backup for Droid X

Garnold

Reaction score
I have read that Titanium Backup is a pretty good tool to backup a Droid. Now to use it I have to root my device correct? Has anyone done this yet and feel confident that the device is safe after it has been rooted?

Any other backup tools that people might recommend? I'm an iPhone convert and I have to say that I do miss the iTunes / iPhone connection. I always felt safe after a sync with iTunes because I knew all my stuff was backed up. Can this be done without having to use a bunch of little apps all strung together?

AppBrain.com has been a big help with getting apps on the device like iTunes so if I could get the backup covered I'd be set :)

basalt

Reaction score
Looking for the same information, or a good alternative that can backup the entire phone without multiple apps, etc.

OP
G

Garnold

Reaction score
I thank you all for your ideas but still seems like I'm out of luck for a full soup to nuts back up tool. I hate to compare Droid X to iPhone here but I currently have both and when I got my new iPhone 4 all I had to do was sync my 3g with iTunes then sync my new Ip4 with iTunes and everything came over. Apps, SMS/MMS, settings you name it. I'm really surprised it's this hard to find a full backup tool that does not require you to root your phone. Specially since I have found the Droid to be a much more flexible phone over the iPhone. Maybe when 2.2 comes out for the Droid X with it's sync to cloud features we might have better luck? Other then this missing feature I'm very happy to have moved to the Droid X.