Titanium Backup - #Fail or User Error?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was running Jrunmy's version of the official FRG01 and i got a couple of resets so I decided to reinstall FRG22. I details used to wipe since I had some keyboard issues with with FRG22 so i thought I'd wipe before installing. I had been backing up with Titanium.

Well, when I got done with my install i went to my download page where my paid apps were at and installed. As the day has gone on I noticed several of my paid apps did not return, including titanium. I looked it up and reinstalled titanium which was free and it had no idea about my backed up apps.

I lost my Home Run Battle 3D and all my equipment. Obviously I don't know how to use this or its a major #fail. What did I do wrong? Can I still somehow recover my stuff?

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Have you looked for the files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup?

Were you using the free only version before? If not did you copy your license file back to /sdcard?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you looked for the files in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup?

Were you using the free only version before? If not did you copy your license file back to /sdcard?

I'm looking at them now via root explorer. No, I paid for the licensed version of this back up. I can see on the SD card things like Com2Us but nothing to launch Home Run Battle 3D. It also has Titanium Backup folder, and my license.

I don't know what to do with any of this stuff. It's not making sense to me.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And for some reason it's not showing me the correct version of Home Run Battle 3D in the Market. It showing me the non English version as being free. This is not what I'm looking for.

I don't know how things got so confused. I'm a bit disappointed.

Nobody can explain to me how I might get my old app back?

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Hmm, there should probably be a folder inside Titanium Backup with your Home Run Battle 3D. I don't have that app, so don't know for sure what the folder name would be. In general mine are in the format of the url in reverse (like com.greene.computing.linpack- followed by a long GUID).apk.gz and the data is .properties.

So I'm guessing it would be something like com.androidtapp.homerunbattle3d-

If you see two entries for it, with something .gz and something .properties it's probably still there. If adding your license file back to /sdcard doesn't help, and the files are there, the dev for Titanium Backup may be able to help you.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You shouldn't have to browse for a folder to restore anything (if you used the defaults when you initially configured Titanium Backup). You just download/install Titanium, go to backup/restore and it should rebuild your list, showing you what is installed and what isn't installed. You can then scroll through and select individually what you want including just the app or the app + it's data.

Backups are stored on the SD Card on mine in a folder called backup.
I think that is the default (I don't remember changing it), otherwise just configure Titanium to point to the folder you had set.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
never trust it. it's the same as rm. 50/50 chance it will work.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Really? Never once had a problem with Titanium Backup, but then again I don't have problems with Rom Manager either....

Then you're one of the lucky few :p I see many many threads of ppl that have problems.

Hooky what I've been doing for the last 2 months is making an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY (in sprecovery)>>>wipe data/cache>>>install rom>>>>restore backup of data only>>>reboot. I flash multiple roms (yes by different devs) and the only fail I've ever had is when I tried to flash backwards (i.e. 5.0 to 3.0 version). It saves EVERYTHING...bookmarks, web sign ins, launcher setup, widgets, etc.

BuglessFan

Reaction score

Really? Never once had a problem with Titanium Backup, but then again I don't have problems with Rom Manager either....

Then you're one of the lucky few :p I see many many threads of ppl that have problems.

Hooky what I've been doing for the last 2 months is making an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY (in sprecovery)>>>wipe data/cache>>>install rom>>>>restore backup of data only>>>reboot. I flash multiple roms (yes by different devs) and the only fail I've ever had is when I tried to flash backwards (i.e. 5.0 to 3.0 version). It saves EVERYTHING...bookmarks, web sign ins, launcher setup, widgets, etc.
I still have yet to see a report of a failed restore from Clockwork; lots of reports of flashing issues when updating recovery, but not a failed restore. I'd say it'd be by far the unlucky few with both apps, as I can't be the only one that constantly reflashes and deletes and restores with Titanium too ;)

Kershaw

Reaction score
1) Does anyone know how long it takes for you to get an email if you just paid for the donated version of Titanium?
2) I have heard many people talk about nandroid backup as well. I'm guessing since I have ROM Manager and have clicked the top to flash Clockwork Mod, that I don't use SPRecovery, is this correct? So instead of getting a nandroid backup I'm getting the ROM Manager backup? But when I flash in ROM Manager, it just asks if I want to backup the current ROM, it doesn't ask specifically if I want to backup DATA or anything. So if I wanted a second backup besides Titanium, how can I restore just DATA from a ROM Manager backup.
3) I have heard many people say that they have both My Backup Pro and Titanium Donate Version and that it's a good idea to have both. Any thoughts on this?
4) Unfortunately like the original poster, I also had HomeRun Battle 3D and I installed it from the market after flashing, and then chose to restore just the data from Titanium and I still don't have my equipment back. Really sucks, because I spent hours gaining those goldballs. Maybe the version I installed from the market was newer, so when I restored my data from Titanium it didn't work? I plan to uninstall HomeRum Battle 3D and restore app+data from Titanium and see if that works.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Kershaw

Reaction score
well might as well post an update on what i have found so far. i did uninstall homerun battle 3d and then restored app+data from titanium backup. i start the game, go through the tutorial, it shows my nickname as "null" and if I choose to check the "ranks" at the top and sign in, it changes my nickname to what it was before. then if I choose the "missions" tab under slugger it starts popping up achievements, i was excited at first, but unfortunately it only gave me 14% of achievements and no equipment, when I had way more than that before.

i did find another thread
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/44407-home-run-battle-3d-restore-items.html
that talks about backing up a jesus.dat file before you flash or replace your phone and then restoring it afterwards using root explorer or ADB. I haven't looked into whether i have a backup of my jesus.dat from before though.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always make backup, i just figured it out, actually quite easy. All I needed was "root explorer". I'll explain for anyone who needs to get their gear back.
1. Install root explorer
2. Load up Nanroid backup that has your data and all your gear.
3. Open root explorer, go to data folder,again data folder,then open "com.com2us.HB3D ....long press "jesus.dat" and copy
4. Once you copy go back 3 times, now go under sd card and paste. Now jesus.dat should be inside your sd card to access.
5. Load up your desired backup or rom
6. Once new rom is loaded, run root explorer and go to sd card, copy jesus.dat inside sd card folder.
7. Now navigate to data folder, data folder, com.com2us.HB3D, delete the existing jesus.dat and paste your old jesus.dat
8. Run HR Battle 3D, i logged in to match up and i had all my gear and rankings.

Hopefully this helps some people. Now time to beat some people
icon_%20banana.gif

QUOTED FROM HALOPOWER IN THIS THREAD

SAVED ALL MY STUFF... ALL MY GOLD BALLS.... NEW GREAT ROM... NO STARTING OVER GAMES... CANT BEAT THAT LOL.. ENJOY