Titanium backup causing reboot when reinstall apps on most roms

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by googlelover, Jan 19, 2011.

1. googlelover

googlelover New Member

My droid has been actin a little weird, ever since i tried to go from BB 0.5 to BB 0.6.2.1 (yes i wiped everything 3x) i would try to bring all my apps back with titanium, and on the very first app it will look like its about half way through, then it will freeze for a second and cause a reboot, This has happened on bugless beast, project elite, simply stunning, maybe sourcery (dont know if i tried to on that rom.) I believe it worked fine with sapphire 2.0, and it works fine on cyanogenmod. I really like the feel of the new gingerbreaded roms, but I dont want to loose any data so im stuck on cyanogen (its been the most stable, most customizable etc.) Oh, and to eliminate some first fixes, i wiped 3x data/cache and i wiped the system and boot before, tried different kernals to see if it was that to no avail, tried to use the busybox provided with the roms, and the one that downloads from titanium backup. Also have the pro version of titanium if that makes any difference. Any advice?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Just for kicks (and I know this reply is late) relying solely on Titanium to restore your apps is a bad thing. I personally use a combination of things to do a restore after a rom install when I do a full wipe.

Oh and a quick note about the 3x wipe; one format is all that's needed. Do y'all format your hard drive 3x on a new windoz install?

Anyways, I use MyBackupPro; I backup apk's with data (just for kicks, iI never restore app data), then I backup these portions of my data: call logs, bookmarks, sms, and mms. Then after my wipe and flash, I sign back into my google account and then LEAVE MY FRIGGEN PHONE ALONE! I will only pick it back up when AND ONLY WHEN it shows a "xxx applications restored" message in the notification bar. Then I will go on from there to use MBP to restore those apps (and usually not the app data) + my other data.

The thing is that when you restore app data from one rom to another is it can (and usually does) cause problems.

On the other hand I did find (not tested yet by me) a REALLY cool guide for using TiBU between rom flashin':

Ti backup question - Android Forums

To finish, as you have noted, cyanogenmod rom's are usually the best, the rest are weak imitations. . . .

good luck
  3. googlelover

googlelover New Member

I might try mybackup, and I've never had any problems when restoring apps with titanium to other roms before even with data, and I already do everything outlined in the guide.
  4. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Astro backs up apps free. Titanium does freeze them, but I have always rooted to kill. Astro backs up apps as reliably as titanium but it is free.
  5. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Well I already payed for titanium, so that doesnt really bug me. and i might try astro out.
  6. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Titanium is a little better, and if you have it, astro can't "outdo" that....
  7. googlelover

googlelover New Member

But if you didnt notice titanium isnt working very well for me
  8. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Try astro, I have never had a problem with it. I always felt titanium was a rip.
Search tags for this page
hiw to restore phone after titanuim reset
motorola titanium

motorola titanium rebooting

phone reboots when using titanium backup
reboot when restore titanium backup
titanium backup causes phone to reboot

titanium backup reboot after restore

titanium backup reboots android phone
titanium backup restart phone
titanium backup restore reboots